Post your HDR images:

MxM said:
Time to post some new and fresh pictures.

It's an old abandoned theater.

HDR1.Eastern.Cinema.jpg

HDR10.Eastern.Cinema.jpg

HDR13.Eastern.Cinema.jpg

The rest of the pictures are on my site.
http://maximlinssen.com/eastern-cinema/

Hope you like them! Feedback is welcome...

MxM

Good HDR is like good CGI...you can't tell it's HDR/CGI. Awesome work!

Upvote 0
CTJohn said:
A question for all....I've typically held ISO and Aperture constant when bracketing for HDR, and using Shutter Speed as my variable for the bracketed shots. I just bought a 6D and have been stunned by the high ISO performance. It makes me wonder if I could handhold more often to bracket by allowing ISO to be the variable, with Shutter Speed and Aperture fixed. I think I get clean shots with the 6D up to 12800 in many cases, which allows a lot of stops to bracket.

Has anyone tried HDR with ISO as the variable?

No one has tried this?

Upvote 0
CTJohn said:
CTJohn said:
A question for all....I've typically held ISO and Aperture constant when bracketing for HDR, and using Shutter Speed as my variable for the bracketed shots. I just bought a 6D and have been stunned by the high ISO performance. It makes me wonder if I could handhold more often to bracket by allowing ISO to be the variable, with Shutter Speed and Aperture fixed. I think I get clean shots with the 6D up to 12800 in many cases, which allows a lot of stops to bracket.

No one has tried this?

not sure why you would hold shutter constant and only vary ISO (lots of noise). I often use a combination though so I can do the bracket handheld without blurring on the longer exposure shots. Just use aperture priority and auto ISO, but limit iso to 800 or so.

Upvote 0
@!ex said:
CTJohn said:
CTJohn said:

No one has tried this?

not sure why you would hold shutter constant and only vary ISO (lots of noise). I often use a combination though so I can do the bracket handheld without blurring on the longer exposure shots. Just use aperture priority and auto ISO, but limit iso to 800 or so.

That's what I'm talking about, limiting ISO, but on the 6D I'm getting better noise at 6400 than I got on my 7D at 800. That allows bracketing with the same shutter speed/aperture and up to 6 stops of ISO range.

Upvote 0
CTJohn said:
CTJohn said:

No one has tried this?

it isnt a good idea as DR falls off rapidly in higher isos also the sharpness and colours change as iso increases
its still best to have shutter speed as the variable you can still bracket at a higher iso but be aware you are starting with an already pretty low DR base so you need more brackets to compensate. I would not go anywhere near 12800 for this MAYBE 3200 at a stretch and probably apply NR before blending then sharpen and more NR at the end.

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
Here is one of mine. Nothing spectacular (except that I myself am amazed at the richness of it, given that the lightconditions were un-ideal and very high contrast). I stack them in Merge to HDR Pro.. in Photoshop CS 6. Taking the pictures and stacking them is fine, my problem is what to do in the window that pop's up. Do any of you have any good links to tutorials for this tool in CS 6?

Thanks,

G.

Attachments

• Alby HDR - Copy.jpg
    Alby HDR - Copy.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 990
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Quasimodo said:
Here is one of mine. Nothing spectacular (except that I myself am amazed at the richness of it, given that the lightconditions were un-ideal and very high contrast). I stack them in Merge to HDR Pro.. in Photoshop CS 6. Taking the pictures and stacking them is fine, my problem is what to do in the window that pop's up. Do any of you have any good links to tutorials for this tool in CS 6?

Thanks,

G.

A good example of achieving an accurate rendition of the scene using HDR

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
Sporgon said:
Quasimodo said:

Thanks,

G.

A good example of achieving an accurate rendition of the scene using HDR

Thank you

Upvote 0
W

woollybear

MxM said:
woollybear said:
Another one, a little more HDR'ish....

Taste is personal, I think there is way to much saturation in this picture and a lot of CA at the trees. (you've gone too far in my opinion) Composition is good!

How's this one? Maybe a little more realistic colors?

Attachments

• GarrettHDR2.jpg
    GarrettHDR2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,034
Upvote 0