Post your HDR images:

Well okay TWO more then,.... this one I went nuts on, just had some fun with it..

Enjoy!

3.jpg

Peace! 8)

Upvote 0

jwilbern

EOS 60D, G5X
Aug 8, 2012
www.flickr.com
pierceography said:
jwilbern, very nice photo. How did you overcome ghosting in the waterfall? Was that a single exposure blended with others?
Thank you pierceography. I blended 6 images at one stop apart with no deghosting needed. I have not found any type of deghosting to be necessary in waterfalls or other fast moving water. I used Photomatix 4.

Upvote 0
Very nice results. It hardly looks like an HDR shot, which is a compliment. I love the exposure and not overdoing the colors/strength as most (myself often included) tend to do with HDR. Just a really great photo. :)

I too use Photomatix 4, so I'll have to keep that in mind with water. I've been reluctant to shoot water, given the ghosting obstacles that need to be overcome. Looks like photomatix handled it like a champ.

Upvote 0
R

RichardTHF

I hope this is the right thing to do here, but it says post images, This was my first attempt at a HDR Photo, I thought I would take it of the Sunset over the East African Port, Stone Town in Zanzibar...

It was taken on my Canon 7D, 24-105mm L IS.

Sunset-over-Stonetown by Richard Davies Photography, on Flickr

Feedback, Positive or Negative would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

orioncroft

Student • Photographer • Videographer
Aug 14, 2012
Bella Coola, BC
www.facebook.com
Any constructive criticism is welcome. Shot with 5D2 --- 24-70 2.8. Post processed in Photomatix.

Attachments

• Beach House1.jpg
    Beach House1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,599
  • Canoe Tree1.jpg
    Canoe Tree1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,595
  • Ocean Log1.jpg
    Ocean Log1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,524
  • Tree Fence1.jpg
    Tree Fence1.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,580
Upvote 0
Orioncroft well done... good use of reduced saturation.

However just taking your fist shot as an example, the sea to the left is very low contrast compared to the brick on the right, so the eye pulls to the right more...

I would experiment with a layer of a nice single exposure (one of the frames you used to HDR) and blend/ layer it with the finished HDR and mask away the HDR portion of the sea, showing the regular exposure (which would be higher contrasting)...

This is not a criticism, just something that could open new venues for you?

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Here are two of mine from the English countryside.
My main aim in producing HDR pictures is..............they don't look HDR !
The picture of Conisbrough Castle is part of my work with Building Panoramics.
Conisbrough Castle was made famous in the Scott novel "Ivenhoe"

Attachments

• coni final-1SF.jpg
    coni final-1SF.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 911
  • Givendale final 4 SF.jpg
    Givendale final 4 SF.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 739
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Thanks for your kind comments Patrick- both these pictures are four or five frame stitches, so ( the originals) are very high megapixel, but taken on a large pixel camera (5D). I think this helps achieve the colour depth. Not sure if an ultra high pixel camera would achieve the same effect in one frame.

Upvote 0