Preorder: Apple 12" Macbook

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>B&H Photo is now accepting preorders for the brand new Apple 12″ Macbook.</p>
<p class="fs16 OpenSans-600-normal upper product-highlights-header">PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS (Top End Model)</p>
<ul class="top-section-list" data-selenium="highlightList">
<li class="top-section-list-item">1.2 GHz Intel Core M (Broadwell)</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">8GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">512GB PCIe-Based Flash Storage</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Integrated Intel HD Graphics 5300</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">12″ LED-Backlit IPS Retina Display</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">2304 x 1440 Native Resolution</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">USB-C Port</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Force Touch Trackpad</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Cameras/N/0/Ntt/Apple+12/bi/2466/kbid/3296" target="_blank">Preorder the Apple 12″ Macbook at B&H Photo from $1299</a></strong></p>

Re: Preorder: Apple 12\

sanj said:
I would highly recommend it to my girl friend.

Haha! Made my day. ;)

I won't ever buy anything Apple, but one has to admit that they do have one hell of a brand following - regardless of their product's merits.

Personally I look forward to seeing what Dell's top of the line Precision models do this year. Hopefully they will have Skylake.

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010

I'm platform agnostic running both Mac & PC, though I do prefer a Mac laptop. Yes the MacBook 12 has form factor to die for, but the form vs function equation makes it look a bit like a very expensive large iPad with a keyboard and no touchscreen.

The performance/value/weight/form-factor sweet-spot in Apple's laptop range is the 13 inch Retina MacbookPro. The Macbook 12 inch will hit the spot for plenty of image-conscious, low performance demand buyers, but photographers should probably steer clear. It's a sweet display, but not enough giddy-up and not enough ports.

-pw

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012

expatinasia said:
sanj said:
I would highly recommend it to my girl friend.

Haha! Made my day. ;)

I won't ever buy anything Apple, but one has to admit that they do have one hell of a brand following - regardless of their product's merits.

Personally I look forward to seeing what Dell's top of the line Precision models do this year. Hopefully they will have Skylake.

:) Its not like I detest her, but it is perfect for her needs and is very light!

Upvote 0