Preorder Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T*

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>You can now preorder the  Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T* at B&H Photo</p>
<p class="p1"><strong><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1077281-REG/zeiss_2040_292_otus_apo_planar_85mm.html/bi/2466/kbid/3296" target="_blank">Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T* $4490</a></strong></p>
<p class="p1"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Hjalmarg1

Photo Hobbyist
Oct 8, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Canon Rumors said:
<p>You can now preorder the Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T* at B&H Photo</p>
<p class="p1"><strong><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1077281-REG/zeiss_2040_292_otus_apo_planar_85mm.html/bi/2466/kbid/3296" target="_blank">Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T* $4490</a></strong></p>
<p class="p1"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

I have one kidney left... :-[! What do I sell now :'(? (just kidding)

Whoever plans to get the Otus lenses will need big and deep pockets

Upvote 0
keithcooper said:
I'll be curious as to the excuses well reasoned arguments that people come up with for why they 'need' this particular lens.

Why do people need a reason or "need" as you put it?

If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford the best, and you want to use what will be widely regarded as the best MF lens on the market, then there will be plenty of people that will buy it. Some people will not see US$ 4,500 as a lot of money, others do. If you can afford it great, if you can't and want it then work towards getting it, if you don't want it then that's ok too. Everyone is happy.

Upvote 0

JonAustin

Telecom / IT consultant and semi-pro photographer
Dec 10, 2012
Horseshoe Bay, TX
expatinasia said:
If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford the best, and you want to use what will be widely regarded as the best MF lens on the market, then there will be plenty of people that will buy it. Some people will not see US$ 4,500 as a lot of money, others do. If you can afford it great, if you can't and want it then work towards getting it, if you don't want it then that's ok too. Everyone is happy.

+ $1

Upvote 0

max

Jul 20, 2010
expatinasia said:
keithcooper said:
I'll be curious as to the excuses well reasoned arguments that people come up with for why they 'need' this particular lens.

I would love to hear a reason as why to choose this lens with razor thin DOF at 1.4 with MF over any other 85mm lens, of course sharpness... but being so hard to use wide open will loose its point and makes it ridiculously high priced.

Upvote 0
mackguyver said:
expatinasia said:
keithcooper said:

I have one word to answer that question - WIFE ;D

The solution there is simple, get one for your wife. I mean, that sounds like a pretty good trade.

Jim

:p

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Jim Saunders said:
mackguyver said:
expatinasia said:
keithcooper said:

I have one word to answer that question - WIFE ;D

The solution there is simple, get one for your wife. I mean, that sounds like a pretty good trade.

Jim

:p

That's what I just did, back living in Australia, prices are 15% over Singapore prices, but Pre Ordered the Otus 85 in my wife's name (Singapore Passport), so after GST refund $4600 Aussie Dollars, unfortunately as Australia is just next to Mars as far as the rest of the World is concerned, Delivery first week of November, not in time for my Japan trip, but there's next year.

Upvote 0