Question Sir/ Madame= 5Ds or 5Dr for me.

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Great Teachers and Friends.
Yes, Many weeks, I have Pre-Order Canon 5Ds. But the more I read, The More I am very confuse.
What is the Best for me = 5Ds or 5Dr ?
Yes, Sir I take the Pictures for every things in front of me, From the Bugs/ Insects to The Moon. Yes, Portrait Photos with studio light and Wedding too, But Most of my Hobby = Traveling around the world, and around USA. for Cityscape and Landscape.
No, The cost of the cameras are not matter to me, But only $ 200 US Dollars difference, I want to get the right one.
Thousand Thanks, Sir/ Madame.
Have a great week ahead.
Surapon.
PS. I already have 20D, 1DS, 5DMK II, 7D, 7D MK II. EOS-M MK I

Attachments

• B-7.jpg
    B-7.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 195
  • S13.jpg
    S13.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 170
  • M-19.jpg
    M-19.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 305
  • SP0227.JPG
    SP0227.JPG
    879.7 KB · Views: 197
  • NY-1.jpg
    NY-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_5762-2-final-small.jpg
    IMG_5762-2-final-small.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_5702-3-FINAL-SMALL.jpg
    IMG_5702-3-FINAL-SMALL.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 232
surapon said:
Dear Great Teachers and Friends.
Yes, Many weeks, I have Pre-Order Canon 5Ds. But the more I read, The More I am very confuse.
What is the Best for me = 5Ds or 5Dr ?
Yes, Sir I take the Pictures for every things in front of me, From the Bugs/ Insects to The Moon. Yes, Portrait Photos with studio light and Wedding too, But Most of my Hobby = Traveling around the world, and around USA. for Cityscape and Landscape.
No, The cost of the cameras are not matter to me, But only $ 200 US Dollars difference, I want to get the right one.
Thousand Thanks, Sir/ Madame.
Have a great week ahead.
Surapon.
PS. I already have 20D, 1DS, 5DMK II, 7D, 7D MK II. EOS-M MK I
my 2 cent's 5dsr by the way I'm getting the R

Upvote 0
I'd lean toward the R. Moire is an issue with repeating patterns at a particular spatial frequency. Moving the camera slightly forward or rearward will prevent the problem. It happens with fabrics or screens and less so in natural environments. I'd get the R, set up a repeating pattern and induce moire to get a feel of when it might appear (pattern density vs. distance). You'll develop a feel for when it might be a problem, and then you'll just check more often.

Upvote 0
Dear friend Surapon. I consider the new more versatile 5DS, and more guaranteed results in unplanned photographs, or those moments that do not happen the same way twice.

To carefully planned photographs with the model obeying their orders, and when could you repeat several times the picture, then 5DSR seems safe enough.

I would not use a camera without low pass filter at a wedding ceremony, for example.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Dylan777 said:
Mr. surapon
Make sure you add 11-24 while adjusting your order ;)

Thank you , Sir, Dear friend Mr. Dylan777.
Great Recommendation, Sir---But I must wait 2 months ar 5D r in my hands, If not My wife will devoce me---Ha, Ha, Ha. or she will force me to buy the new set of big Diamond ear rings.
That will cost me $ 8000 or 10,000 ---Ha, Ha, Ha.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
Dear friend Surapon. I consider the new more versatile 5DS, and more guaranteed results in unplanned photographs, or those moments that do not happen the same way twice.

To carefully planned photographs with the model obeying their orders, and when could you repeat several times the picture, then 5DSR seems safe enough.

I would not use a camera without low pass filter at a wedding ceremony, for example.

Good Morning , Sir dear Great Teacher Mr. Ajfotofilmagem. Thanks you, sir for your recommends. I have the wedding Shots 2-4 times per years only, And I still love my 5D MK II to use in Weeding Job for dark area with out use flashes. Sorry sir, That I have small technological Knowledge of Photography about the distortion color of 5Dr. Can I use 5Dr, with out low pass filter in the shade , out door or bright sun shine for Portrait Photos ? ( I need Larged Print Picture for Clients some time = 24 X 36 Inches )---If Distortion of Colors--Can I repair or adjust by Photoshop ?---Most of my Hobby are the Cityscape or the Landscape any how.
Thanks again , Sir.
Have a great day.
Surapon.

Upvote 0
surapon said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

Good Morning , Sir dear Great Teacher Mr. Ajfotofilmagem. Thanks you, sir for your recommends. I have the wedding Shots 2-4 times per years only, And I still love my 5D MK II to use in Weeding Job for dark area with out use flashes. Sorry sir, That I have small technological Knowledge of Photography about the distortion color of 5Dr. Can I use 5Dr, with out low pass filter in the shade , out door or bright sun shine for Portrait Photos ? ( I need Larged Print Picture for Clients some time = 24 X 36 Inches )---If Distortion of Colors--Can I repair or adjust by Photoshop ?---Most of my Hobby are the Cityscape or the Landscape any how.
Thanks again , Sir.
Have a great day.
Surapon.
Dear friend Surapon.
The low pass filter (anti-alias) is to prevent jagged edges, moiré and false colors. These undesirable phenomena occur only in the picture in sharp focus when shooting objects with repetitive patterns, such as fabrics, screens, grills, brick walls, roofs, bird feathers, compound insect eyes.

When I say false colors, I am referring to the rainbow that did not exist on objects like fine chess clothes. When this type of aberration is in the picture, no computer program can fix this. The only way to fix is to make another picture, changing the distance, angle or focus.

hdslr_moire__hero.jpg

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
surapon said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

Thanks again , Sir.
Have a great day.
Surapon.
Dear friend Surapon.
The low pass filter (anti-alias) is to prevent jagged edges, moiré and false colors. These undesirable phenomena occur only in the picture in sharp focus when shooting objects with repetitive patterns, such as fabrics, screens, grills, brick walls, roofs, bird feathers, compound insect eyes.

When I say false colors, I am referring to the rainbow that did not exist on objects like fine chess clothes. When this type of aberration is in the picture, no computer program can fix this. The only way to fix is to make another picture, changing the distance, angle or focus.

hdslr_moire__hero.jpg

Thanks you, Sir Dear Great Teacher Mr. Ajfotofilmagem.
Very clear to me now, Sir---One more question, Why canon do 5Dr and Charge extra $ 200 US Dollars aboive 5Ds, If canon know the bad Effected to remove low pass filter ?---Some thing must be good for extra $ 200 US Dollars ???.
I wait for your answer before I switch back to re-order 5Ds.
Thousand thanks, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0
surapon said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
surapon said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

Thanks again , Sir.
Have a great day.
Surapon.
Dear friend Surapon.

hdslr_moire__hero.jpg
Very clear to me now, Sir---One more question, Why canon do 5Dr and Charge extra $ 200 US Dollars aboive 5Ds, If canon know the bad Effected to remove low pass filter ?---Some thing must be good for extra $ 200 US Dollars ???.
Thousand thanks, Sir.
Surapon.
The 5DSR model (without low pass filter) is more expensive only because they must sell fewer units. An "expert" camera model sells fewer units than another model make-everything as 5DS or 5D Mark iii.

I'm not saying that 5DSR would be a bad choice. But this camera will show advantages over 5DS only in photos planned, calculated patiently before shooting, and that's great in the studio, but not so much when out in the field.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
surapon said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
surapon said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

Thanks again , Sir.
Have a great day.
Surapon.
Dear friend Surapon.

hdslr_moire__hero.jpg
Thousand thanks, Sir.
Surapon.
The 5DSR model (without low pass filter) is more expensive only because they must sell fewer units. An "expert" camera model sells fewer units than another model make-everything as 5DS or 5D Mark iii.

I'm not saying that 5DSR would be a bad choice. But this camera will show advantages over 5DS only in photos planned, calculated patiently before shooting, and that's great in the studio, but not so much when out in the field.

Thanks you Again, Sir Dear Great Teacher Mr. Ajfotofilmagem.
Yes, Sir, I will order and use my New 5D r ( With our low pass filter) with carefully thinking and Planing, Yes, I read from some where that With our low pass filter = This camera is 5% to 10% better details at the rim of the main subject that make look more sharper.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon
PS. should get on June 9 th. with the Batter grip ( which same as Battery grip for Canon 5D MK III), and report back to you. Yes, I will have 30 days to return and exchange for new 5D s.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
If the 5Ds and the 5DsR are going to be like all preceding cameras with AA or 'AA cancel', then in practice it will depend on if you post process work or not.

(Who buys a £3,200 camera and doesn't post process the images I hear you cry - well you'd be surprised, though not so much with a 50mp camera perhaps).

After applying decent sharpening techniques such as appropriate unsharp mask you wont be able to see any difference.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
surapon said:
Dylan777 said:
Mr. surapon

Great Recommendation, Sir---But I must wait 2 months ar 5D r in my hands, If not My wife will devoce me---Ha, Ha, Ha. or she will force me to buy the new set of big Diamond ear rings.
Question for you Mr. surapon. What are your needs/shooting applications that required such a high MP body?(50MP RAW)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Dylan777 said:
surapon said:
Dylan777 said:
Mr. surapon

Question for you Mr. surapon. What are your needs/shooting applications that required such a high MP body?(50MP RAW)

Dear friend Mr. Dylan777.
Well, Yes and Big NO, I use my Photos in my Architectural Drawings as the part of Drawings and specifications. BUt I do not need 50 PM, 22 MP = great Photos already, Plus the great " L " lenses make it super sharp. Yes, I am crazy, sir, Any thing New = create my Illness name GAS., and I must have them for the first people in my small home town.
Thanks you, Sir, And I waiting for New 1Dx mk II in 2016 too.
Yes, Crazy surapon.
Good night, Sir.
Surapon

Attachments

• DWG-1.jpg
    DWG-1.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 323
  • DWG-A.jpg
    DWG-A.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 223
  • DWG-B.jpg
    DWG-B.jpg