R5 Freezing with Clog3

Feb 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

After reading all about r5 freezing issues, I'm posting here to ask if you've ever heard about freezes issues exclusively in video mode under clog3. I can film without problem in all modes and quality but as soon as I activate a clog or clog 3, my video will cut out randomly and need a hard reset. I tried different lenses, parameters, Sd cards and Cfexpress, Firmwares but the problem still here and i need this body to work.

greetings.

Feb 18, 2023
Yeah sorry I'm not of much help. I shoot a decent amount of video, but no log or anything so I haven't encountered any of the issues that probably crop up with that.

Last question, do you get the overheat symbol, or the err. 70? That was an older issue I had when bouncing between 120, etc.
No error sadly, but i have other issues now that i shoot without clog. When i record, and go to playback to watch, the playing stops randomly. Then i watch the recording on my pc without stops but i can see artefacts appears exactly when the footage stops on my canon body.

Upvote 0

SHAMwow

EOS R5
CR Pro
Sep 7, 2020
No error sadly, but i have other issues now that i shoot without clog. When i record, and go to playback to watch, the playing stops randomly. Then i watch the recording on my pc without stops but i can see artefacts appears exactly when the footage stops on my canon body.
Hmm, maybe a lemon then. I'd call up Canon for sure if you're at a dead end.

Upvote 0