R5 wifi and iPhone

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
I have a new iPhone 12 Pro Max, and Ipad Pro and a Canon R5. The Ipad connects fine, but I have tried every suggestion in this thread to connect the phone and every one of them has failed. What is my next option? I love the phone and the camera.
I have the iPad Pro and Canon R5 connected but 'live view' is extremely sluggish at best. Also can't seem to get the focus point to stay on 'Focus Eye Detect'. It just keeps defaulting to 'point' focus. What has your experience with the iPad Pro & R5 set up been like?

Upvote 0
I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this turned on by themselves without your input, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue. Here are some suggestions:-
1. Reset Network Settings:-
-Go to Settings on your iPhone.
-Scroll down and select "General."
-Scroll down again and tap on "Reset."
-Choose "Reset Network Settings."
-Enter your passcode if prompted, and confirm the reset.
This action will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN settings, but it could help fix the issue.
2. Forget Bluetooth Devices:-
-Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
-For each connected device, tap on the "i" icon next to it and select "Forget This Device."
After forgetting all devices, check if the issue persists.
3. Turn off Handoff:-
-Go to Settings > General > Handoff.
-Disable the Handoff toggle.
Handoff allows continuity between Apple devices, and turning it off may help resolve the issue.
4. Reset All Settings:-
-If the above steps don't work, you may need to perform a more extensive reset.
-Go to Settings > General > Reset.
-Choose "Reset All Settings."
This won't erase your data, but it will reset system settings to their defaults.

Remember that these steps may vary slightly depending on your iPhone model and the iOS version you're using. Always make sure to back up your important data before performing any reset or restore procedures. For more details follow instruction.

Upvote 0