R6 SETTINGS

I'm a newbie mirrorless owner, but have had a 5D for years.
Is there an easy 'user manual' site for a new R6 owner? I can't find a comprehensive one online. The Canon user manual explains all the possible settings but not why you may want to use them.
I want to reduce/limit the time the screen is on when I'm waiting to shoot. (Not preview time - I found those settings) - but after taking a shot the screen is active & draining the battery for too long. And generally, I need to know just what or when to use and activate settings and what some of them do. Some help will be appreciated.

Mar 25, 2011
I doubt free. Its not only a lot of work, but it takes a lot of expertise as well as a pipeline to Conon to cover so much. Abbreviated suggestions for settings can be found on The Digital Picture but it does not cover exactly what they do or how they work. There is interaction between settings as well, that gets complex.

TDP has a extensive review which still just brushes the surface.

Recommended settings:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Mar 17, 2020
I'm a newbie mirrorless owner, but have had a 5D for years.
Is there an easy 'user manual' site for a new R6 owner? I can't find a comprehensive one online. The Canon user manual explains all the possible settings but not why you may want to use them.
I want to reduce/limit the time the screen is on when I'm waiting to shoot. (Not preview time - I found those settings) - but after taking a shot the screen is active & draining the battery for too long. And generally, I need to know just what or when to use and activate settings and what some of them do. Some help will be appreciated.
There are several good youtube videos that go through the many settings with recommendations.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0