Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
hemidesign said:
my mom used to say.. "old pan makes good food!"
Well, as Moms usually are, I am sure she was talking about heat transfer from the pan base. Moms are reluctant to take credit and as a result transfer the credit elsewhere.

My theory is that Moms make good food in any pan, or wok or pot or... whatever...
:)

BTW, the same goes for photographs. I am not saying that the pan - oops, camera or lens does not count. The person behind counts more. Naturally, the ingredients count even more... :)

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Slightly off topic - but - the issue of scratches is one of my concerns with the plastic top plate of the 6D.

The pentaprisms of our 5Ds at Building Panoramics have taken quite a battering over the years, and although the black enamel is chipped and scratched the alloy is quite durable when bounced against 12th century stone work !

I wonder how the 6D would cope. I would have much preferred no GPS and WiFi but a metal top cover - so I could scratch it with impunity !!

Seriously though, if you are a person who enjoys changing camera bodies for the latest version I can understand concern over scratches as it really knocks down the second hand value.

Upvote 0

infared

Kodak Brownie!
Jul 19, 2011
rpt said:
hemidesign said:
Well, as Moms usually are, I am sure she was talking about heat transfer from the pan base. Moms are reluctant to take credit and as a result transfer the credit elsewhere.

My theory is that Moms make good food in any pan, or wok or pot or... whatever...

BTW, the same goes for photographs. I am not saying that the pan - oops, camera or lens does not count. The person behind counts more. Naturally, the ingredients count even more... :)

My Mom told me that if my camera is scratched that I should give it a heavy coat of industrial black paint and then put it in a pre-heated oven, set at 500 degrees for 29 mins.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
infared said:
rpt said:
hemidesign said:

My Mom told me that if my camera is scratched that I should give it a heavy coat of industrial black paint and then put it in a pre-heated oven, set at 500 degrees for 29 mins.
Yup! Moms are always right. But don't be greedy and try to eat it the moment it comes out of the oven! Wait for it to cool ;)

Upvote 0
C

crasher8

rpt said:
infared said:
rpt said:
hemidesign said:

Yup! Moms are always right. But don't be greedy and try to eat it the moment it comes out of the oven! Wait for it to cool ;)

How about a Delkin skin that you bake in the low heat oven ala molding soles for shoes! lol emphasis on the LOL

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
GuyF said:
"Hell, this '59 Fender Stratocaster must sound terrible. Should be repaired immediately.
-PW"

Hey PW,
Is that a real '59 or a Custom Shop relic? (For non-guitar geeks; real or factory fake?)
Guy.

Damn you're right! Should have picked that up myself. Had no idea there was a fake worn guitar market out there. I just did a search for images of heavily worn Strats for a playful post in this scratchy thread. There must be plenty of shots of beautifully worn genuine '59 Stratocasters or Telecasters around.

-PW

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
crasher8 said:
rpt said:
infared said:
rpt said:
hemidesign said:

How about a Delkin skin that you bake in the low heat oven ala molding soles for shoes! lol emphasis on the LOL
All this apart, I think battle scars need to be displayed and not filled in...

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2012
RustyTheGeek said:
It could always be worse... http://iphotonews.blogspot.com/2010/03/world-famous.html

1dm2_damage_003.JPG

Holy cow!!! The fabled full-frame mirrorless and 500mm TS-E lens! I KNEW it wasn't a myth!!!

Upvote 0

Ryan708

Less bickering, more shooting
Mar 1, 2012
New Hampshire
Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.