Review: Canon EOS R6 firmware v1.1.1 by DPReviewTV

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last month, Canon released new firmware for the Canon EOS R6, version 1.1.1. Jordan and the folks at DPReview have now done an extensive review of the latest firmware version for the Canon EOS R6 and came away quite impressed with what Canon improved with the new software.
Check out the video above for the full review.

Continue reading...

You need to watch this video:
Yeah I watched this before I bought mine. I shoot real estate videos for a living and I've had my R6 overheat at every single shoot multiple times sometimes after 15 minutes while recording externally. I am in florida though so I'm sure the warm weather doesn't help.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
Yeah I watched this before I bought mine. I shoot real estate videos for a living and I've had my R6 overheat at every single shoot multiple times sometimes after 15 minutes while recording externally. I am in florida though so I'm sure the warm weather doesn't help.

oh my... thats really horrible! what a shame :( ... do you record in 4k60?

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Once you set overheat control off in order to get clean HDMI output the overheating countdown will start even when you are not recording.

Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2017
Not unless you use an external recorder or record for less than an hour at a time.
I must say I can work around the limitations of the R5. But not beeing able to record 4k reliable for over an hour AT ALL is pretty disturbing.
I guess this emphasizes even more the photography party of the camera than the 6D was at its time.

Upvote 0