Review: Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-2000

Ah, the benefits of having one delivered by two men in a van.

I'd told them that if they bought it in a shipping box, they would be taking the box back with them, since I don't live in a printer warehouse (despite claims by Karen).

But seriously, the huge shipping boxes can be a problem... I remember an Epson 7880 being delivered, by a courier who seemed to expect me to have a fork-lift to get it off the back of the lorry, and was happy to leave it in the street, in the rain.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
keithcooper said:
Ah, the benefits of having one delivered by two men in a van.

I'd told them that if they bought it in a shipping box, they would be taking the box back with them, since I don't live in a printer warehouse (despite claims by Karen).

But seriously, the huge shipping boxes can be a problem... I remember an Epson 7880 being delivered, by a courier who seemed to expect me to have a fork-lift to get it off the back of the lorry, and was happy to leave it in the street, in the rain.

I finally got a Pro-2000. The truck (luckily) had a lift gate and the driver had a wheeled (hand) forklift. He moved it inside my detached garage. Later that afternoon I had contracted for two movers to unbox the printer, move it into the house (which we had just purchased and was basically empty) and put it the printer on the stand in my office (all not the first floor. There were two small steps. The truck driver was helpful (as much as he could be) and movers were great. The movers took the large box and pallet to the street where is trash is picked up.

Upvote 0