RF 100mm Macro L - Anyone's shipped yet?

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Lack of Exif because photo software, like LR etc, is not updated to support it or there is some more enduring issue with this lens specifically?
LR (and DxO Photolab) are not set up (still !) for this lens, but you can get partial support by manually using the profile of other Laowa lens (the 60mm x2 is surprisingly useful). I mean, exif data reminds you what aperture etc you were using - which I miss! But none of these stop it being useful.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
LR (and DxO Photolab) are not set up (still !) for this lens, but you can get partial support by manually using the profile of other Laowa lens (the 60mm x2 is surprisingly useful). I mean, exif data reminds you what aperture etc you were using - which I miss! But none of these stop it being useful.
The lens has hardly been available for more than a few weeks, how long do you think is reasonable for third parties to get hold of one and run tests then update software?

If you need accurate profiles now make them yourself, Adobe provide all the tools you need for free.

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
The lens has hardly been available for more than a few weeks, how long do you think is reasonable for third parties to get hold of one and run tests then update software?

If you need accurate profiles now make them yourself, Adobe provide all the tools you need for free.
We're talking about the Laowa RF 100mm f2.8 2x (as a cheaper but less featured alternative to the RF 100mm), which has been around (in different mounts) since the beginning of last year. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
We're talking about the Laowa RF 100mm f2.8 2x (as a cheaper but less featured alternative to the RF 100mm), which has been around (in different mounts) since the beginning of last year. ;)
My mistake, however the meaningful part of my comment holds true. Adobe provide everything needed, along with a community depository, for custom lens profiles.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0