Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

Apr 29, 2012
If correct, then a purely physical limitation of flange distance. The solution Is the EF-RF adapter with drop in ND. But even having a built in 6 stopper is great. That would probably still handle a wide array of situations and you can still stack the adapter or a front screw in or matte box system if need be

Absolutely... The C100 only had 6 stops and that was fine for about 99.something % of the time. When you know you want to shoot at f1.4 in bright sunlight there are still ways of making it work, they're just less convenient than the built in NDs.

Upvote 0

pmjm

R5, 1DX Mk II, 5D Mk IV, four 90D's
Sep 8, 2016
HDMI has no place on a professional video/cine camera. It’s one of the things I hate most about the original C300. They wasted space putting an HDMI on the camera instead of a much more useful second BNC/SDI. Rigging and wiring, especially in multi camera scenarios, was always a PITA, because you had to loop through VF’s and monitors so many times, because there was only the lone SDI. By the time the signal made it back to the big monitor, sometimes there was a second delay.

At a price point of $4500 this would certainly not be a "professional" cine camera. This is clearly targeted to enthusiasts, YouTubers and low-budget producers who are more likely to want to output to a Ninja V or HDMI Capture Card than a Shogun or Video Assist.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
And speaking of batteries, the use Of the Dual LPE6 makes me wonder why not use the cinema battery line if it’s a box....

Makes me think it IS more akin to a larger MILC body. But if it’s a box, im fine with that too. But the box shape would make me wonder why use XLR Minis. (Unless its an itty bitty box Like the XC was.... which it doesn't sound like). If It’s a larger MILC (Panny S1H / 1DX3 size) then using minis would make more sense.

Upvote 0

wanderer23

CR Pro
Feb 8, 2020
Somehow i don't think it'll be a box. these graphics might be for someone else. Craig would have posted htem together otherwise. ANd i also think the source woudln't bother comparing it to a dslr-style body for size. I'm surprsied there'e so little information about the shape given its rumored to be announced in the next 3 weeks now....

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
Wait. Ya lost me.... That’s the XC body pics you posted? Or is that what you’re thinking the new RF body is and these images are something new?
patent1.jpgpatent2.jpgpatent3.jpg

There are the older ones which are a bit more like the XC series cameras, but I think this is not how it will look like as the other one does seem to fit two LP-E6NH batteries instead of just a single one.

But these pictures might show an EF Speed Booster mounted on in an interesting way, extending into the body, which might explain why these new adapters will only fit to these types of bodies.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
On the R, if you go to page 3 of the C.Fn3: Operation Menu, "RF lens MF focus ring sensitivity," there are options for "Linked to rotation degree" and "Varies with rotation speed" the second of which I believe is the default, but I'm not sure since I have it set to linear. I think I changed that during my initial setup.

I haven't shot much in the way of manual focus with my one RF lens, so I can't attest to its functionality, but I wanted to make sure you knew where it was.

I'm on firmware 1.6.0
Its there it works, it makes it linear but it feels to long.. at least for me. You really have to turn the barrel almost 360 degrees to go from near to far. Amazing for micro adjustments but not so great following someone. I wish I could also set how much rotation la degrees would be part of the linear movement.

Upvote 0