Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I went today to my favorite spot for sea birds in fly (very high swell - the highest one since 1995 for the South Shore but still just 20-24 (and not in the spot where I was)- nothing in comparison with the 40-45 feet on the North shore, and high winds - you can expect the birds flying close to the shore) - the birds were there but the very salty mist (and droplets blowing in my face) were there too. After cleaning more than an hour my equipment from the salty layers after my last trip there I just retread. Went to a place were the wind was blowing in my back and +/-far from the ocean on that side...
Sorry for posting the ocean photos on this forum but it's my excuse for the bird photos - just a Common Wax-bill...:rolleyes:

I don't understand why somebody with the Canon RF100-500 lens don't open a forum for something like "My trip today". It will cover many other forums but on other hand it will also cover the huge versatility (plus IQ!!!) of that lens! Today I was with the Nikon 200-500 (and I have really nice copy!!! But that weight:cry:!). The waves are more than 100 meters away (but cropped...)

DSC_5357_DxO.jpgDSC_5436_DxO.jpgDSC_5479_DxO.jpgDSC_5490_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0