Show your Bird Portraits

Menace said:

Menace...I was scrolling down the screen looking at all the great bird images when I found this guy looking me straight in the eye! Great shot, thanks for posting it.

I saved it for my iPad lock screen...here's a screen grab. Hope you don't mind.

Take care,
North

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
Northstar said:
Menace said:

Menace...I was scrolling down the screen looking at all the great bird images when I found this guy looking me straight in the eye! Great shot, thanks for posting it.

I saved it for my iPad lock screen...here's a screen grab. Hope you don't mind.

Take care,

North

You are most welcome North.

And no I don't mind at all - in fact I feel honoured :)

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I have spent the last couple of days in Hong Kong and have just arrived in Shanghai, where G**gl* is inaccessible. I put the Tamron 150-600mm on a 5DIII through its paces under conditions where I could get really close. Here is a selection from a morning's shooting. All have been reduced to 1200 px width for uploading, each with a 100% crop so you can see the original.

The processing for all has been the same. Taken in RAW, processed in DxO with the only changes done is noise reduction using PRIME and adjusting exposure (no sharpening). The exported jpegs were cropped in PS and sharpened using USM at 100% with 0.9-2 px radius.

I don't know the names of most so please help me by identifying them (I can't G**gle*, remember).

All are hand held. The first is: Focal length = 350mm, f/6.3, iso 640, 1/320 s

Attachments

• 2U4A1886_1200.jpg
    2U4A1886_1200.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 472
  • 2U4A1886_100%.jpg
    2U4A1886_100%.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
AlanF said:
I have spent the last couple of days in Hong Kong and have just arrived in Shanghai, where G**gl* is inaccessible. I put the Tamron 150-600mm on a 5DIII through its paces under conditions where I could get really close. Here is a selection from a morning's shooting. All have been reduced to 1200 px width for uploading, each with a 100% crop so you can see the original.

The processing for all has been the same. Taken in RAW, processed in DxO with the only changes done is noise reduction using PRIME and adjusting exposure (no sharpening). The exported jpegs were cropped in PS and sharpened using USM at 100% with 0.9-2 px radius.

I don't know the names of most so please help me by identifying them (I can't G**gle*, remember).

All are hand held. The first is: Focal length = 350mm, f/6.3, iso 640, 1/320 s

Very nice shots Alan. Well done.

Sorry, I do not know the name of those birds.

Upvote 0