Show your Bird Portraits

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
Canon Rumors Premium
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
This didn't end well for the pigeon. I was driving through a parking lot when the Cooper's Hawk knocked the pigeon from the sky right in front of me. Feathers went everywhere! I had just started shooting (this is with a Canon XSi) so it was lucky that the hawk was intent upon protecting his kill. I probably took over a hundred photos and this was the only one close to good. This is about an 80% crop. It was very near dark and I had no idea what I was doing in 2008.

Attachments

• hawkpigeon1.jpg
    hawkpigeon1.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
This didn't end well for the pigeon. I was driving through a parking lot when the Cooper's Hawk knocked the pigeon from the sky right in front of me. Feathers went everywhere! I had just started shooting (this is with a Canon XSi) so it was lucky that the hawk was intent upon protecting his kill. I probably took over a hundred photos and this was the only one close to good. This is about an 80% crop. It was very near dark and I had no idea what I was doing in 2008.

At first I wasn't sure what was happening in this photo! ::) 8)

Your description of the events make viewing the photo so much more interesting! Something I need to remind myself to do more often rather than just post a picture.

Thanks
North

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
Canon Rumors Premium
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Northstar said:
CanonFanBoy said:

At first I wasn't sure what was happening in this photo! ::) 8)

Your description of the events make viewing the photo so much more interesting! Something I need to remind myself to do more often rather than just post a picture.

Thanks
North

Northstar, thank you!

Upvote 0