Show your Bird Portraits

Haven't posted here in a long time but been following weekly. Great shots everyone! I didn't scroll through all 1074 pages but I didn't see any Wood Ducks, so here are a few for the collection.

Attachments

• motor boatin'.jpg
    motor boatin'.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 65
  • wood duck drake 10.jpg
    wood duck drake 10.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 65
  • wood duck drake 8.jpg
    wood duck drake 8.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 70
  • wood duck drake 7.jpg
    wood duck drake 7.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 64
  • wood duck hen 5.jpg
    wood duck hen 5.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 30, 2017
As usually there are a lot of nice shots posted from my last visit, no way to cover all of them... Congratulations to all authors!!!
Since the forecast was kind of bad for today (but didn't happen!) I just took a trip to a park ~1-1.5 miles from my home. Overcast but with a lot of diffuse (reflected) light - my favorite light conditions!! The goal was to close the chapters with the Pacific Golden Plover and the Rudy Turnstoune: I posted some photos of these birds in non breeding plumage before (even par of pics of very late breeding plumage for the Plover) and now it's +/- complete - soon they will go North for breeding.
First one is older pic of non breeding Pacific Golden Plovers, second and third are males in breeding and the fourth is female in breeding plumage.

The Rudy Turnstone is coming next!

Attachments

• DSC_5893_DxO.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC_6006_DxO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • DSC_5767_DxO.jpg
    DSC_5767_DxO.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • DSC_3691_DxO_DxO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
WOW, when I don't get notified many shots get posted and so I'll cop out and sayV nice to all of them.

Now a while back Eagles were being posted and I felt left out so here's mine. ;) It's down the road to the edge of town at Old Masset where a carver does his magic.

Jack

Attachments

• Eagle Haida Gwaii_6799.JPG
    Eagle Haida Gwaii_6799.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
Jack, Nice one!
Like to see you shoot BIF of this one ::) ;D ;D !
-r

Jack Douglas said:
WOW, when I don't get notified many shots get posted and so I'll cop out and sayV nice to all of them.

Now a while back Eagles were being posted and I felt left out so here's mine. ;) It's down the road to the edge of town at Old Masset where a carver does his magic.

Jack

Upvote 0