Show your Bird Portraits

ERHP said:
Not truly in flight but also not a stationary target, this female mallard made a grand entrance to a very shallow channel in the slough.
FSSDR1602-X3.jpg

Great shot with beautiful light

Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
Jack Douglas said:
Thanks guys, it was a pleasure to see the eagles so close to home and then to be appreciated via photos is even better. Hope to get back there but for me, May is unavailable so once they are out of the nest it's likely very challenging since they'll be who knows where, maybe miles away.

cdn_photog, any idea how late they might still be at the nest - early June??

Jack

If any of you are interested, I've managed to find a live eagle cam from Pennsylvania -> http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1592549&mode=2
There are two small eaglets (as of now) in that nest, and you should be able to use it for reference. Good luck!

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Zeeman said:
Sea Eagles from a nearby lake.
7DII with 300mm 2.8is 2x extender. Heavy crops

I got over 30 photos of this geese chase. Only a few of them were not in good focus.
Im happy with the focus performance of my 7DII :)
Fantastic pictures!

However (and that was a BIG "however"...) how did the chase end? Please do tell.

Upvote 0
Goose at a local marsh. It was blowing a regular gale this morning so I had great difficulty holding my lens (300mm f/4L + 1.4x extender) still enough to get decent shots. I took over 200 pictures but only a handful were good enough to keep.

Attachments

• _MG_9004_DxO.jpg
    _MG_9004_DxO.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 120
  • _MG_9012_DxO_edited-1.jpg
    _MG_9012_DxO_edited-1.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 78
  • _MG_9013_DxO.jpg
    _MG_9013_DxO.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0