Show your Bird Portraits

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
Eldar said:
StudentOfLight said:
An "environmental" portrait...
I believe that is what they call Loss of habitat ... ;)
Yes, it is sad that people are encroaching on natural habitats.

This was taken on the farm where my aunt lives. There is a nature reserve immediately adjacent to the farm so at least now there is an effort to maintain habitat going forward and there will not be any further encroachment. Habitat loss due to climate change is another more serious factor as well.

Here is another I took of an older(larger) male in her garden towards the end of last year, which I must have posted previously. This second image was taken not even 3m from where I took the clothes-line picture:

Attachments

• D3A1210.jpg
    D3A1210.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
My swallows are almost grown up! Was out from the shore in the creek/pond with tripod sunk in the muck bending over to see through the viewfinder as best I could. I bent a bit too far and my thigh high hip waders filled with water. Lots of rejects but this saved my day.

Jack

Attachments

• Im swallows_33166.JPG
    Im swallows_33166.JPG
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
My swallows are almost grown up! Was out from the shore in the creek/pond with tripod sunk in the muck bending over to see through the viewfinder as best I could. I bent a bit too far and my thigh high hip waders filled with water. Lots of rejects but this saved my day.

Jack

Cool shot Jack!

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Jack.
A lovely shot, I'm amazed at the things you do for your photography passion, turrets on sheds, full waders.
Unfortunately other people's misfortune will always give others a chuckle, but your story had me thinking of a Billy Connolly sketch, the incontinence pants. Sorry.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGNMeR-BOis

Cheers, Graham.

Jack Douglas said:

Jack

Upvote 0