Side by side comparison of the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R and Canon EOS RP

Danglin52

Wildlife Shooter
Aug 8, 2018
I think my fantasy kit at this point is

Canon R6
(future--c'mon Canon) RF 16-35 F4 IS
50 IS
RF 70-200 F4 IS (though if too expensive could see myself settling for an RF 85 IS)

You might also consider an EF 70-200 f4 L IS II + adaptor if you can pick one up cheap and the RF is a lot more expensive. Great lens and works well adapted on the M6 II and the testing I did on an EOS R during a tennis event. I will probably keep my EF 70-200 f4 L IS II and focus on other lenses I plan to buy (100-500, 24-105 f4, etc.).

Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
On tripod, the touch screen. BTW: eye-AF handheld works great for me even in low light. Example: I take my grandson to a trampoline park called Urban Air. The lighting is terrible dark. Eye-AF picks up his little 3 year old eye from 30 feet away.
Hi, as my recent posts mentioned, I've only just discovered that high speed continuous shutter speed doesn't track moving animals well and low speed continuous has to be selected. I haven't tried eye AF yet so in your experience at the trampoline park, what shutter drive mode did you use, single shot, high speed or low speed, I presume you used AF servo?

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
But I wish it was. One direction that Canon can take with the R6 is to make it as small as possible.
Dear lord I hope not. The R6 is at this point a camera I will seriously consider but if they make it tiny then that consideration will be a lot less serious

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Dear lord I hope not. The R6 is at this point a camera I will seriously consider but if they make it tiny then that consideration will be a lot less serious
We already have a photograph of it alongside the R5, EOS R, and Rp. You can see its narrower than the R5 but still a fairly large camera. I'd guess about the same as the 6D. It might be slightly larger than the R, but that is hard to eyeball. The R is a nice size.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
We already have a photograph of it alongside the R5, EOS R, and Rp. You can see its narrower than the R5 but still a fairly large camera. I'd guess about the same as the 6D. It might be slightly larger than the R, but that is hard to eyeball. The R is a nice size.
Thats right. I remember now. It did look close to the R5. A pretty good size. It really is looking like my next camera as the R5 will just be too expensive

Upvote 0