Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
I'm seriously considering this lens for late evening motorsport shots, I think it'll offer me the light, blur and speed I need to catch those glowing discs and exhaust flames, something I failed on with my 550D and 50mm f1.8 last year, but I have a 70D now and adding this lens may be the answer!! I'll let you know how it works out for me :)
Loving your shots guys, the lens looks very sharp!!

Upvote 0
sdsr said:
Lots of nice photos in this thread. Do any of you know (first hand or otherwise) whether this lens has suffered from the AF inconsistency problems that people complain about re some of Sigma's primes?

I use this lens on my 7D to shoot my very active daughter (see the many pics in this thread) and have no complaints on it's AF accuracy.

Upvote 0
16210557750_0e5346f941_b.jpg

I have to say I really liked the lens overall, but I also had some AF issues on my 7D II. That is also why I didn't buy it after the test period.

Upvote 0
Just started my review of this lens. IQ looks nice, but on the wide end I had to max out AFMA (+20) to calibrate it. It was so bad that the automatic function of FoCal couldn't calibrate it.

The funny thing is that with tele end was basically dead on and needed no calibration. Never seen that with any lens before.

Upvote 0
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
Just started my review of this lens. IQ looks nice, but on the wide end I had to max out AFMA (+20) to calibrate it. It was so bad that the automatic function of FoCal couldn't calibrate it.

The funny thing is that with tele end was basically dead on and needed no calibration. Never seen that with any lens before.

Wow that's odd. I shoot this lens on a 7D in Ai Servo mode at both ends, never adjusted a thing and get in focus shots easily over 90% of the time.

The AF inconsistency issues will continue to hold Sigma back. This is also why I switched from the Sigma 35 Art to the Canon 35 2 IS.

Upvote 0