Small format printer for event

knight427

CR Pro
Aug 27, 2018
I take photos for a large school event as a volunteer. This next year they hope to print and sell my photos as a fund raiser. I’m 100% fine with this. The intent is to print a small photo and sell them for like $5 each. I’m not partial to any brand or particular size, but it should be no larger than 4x6 I’d think. I told them we’d have to find someone to handle the printing and selling since I’ll be busy shooting and processing. Any suggestions?

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I've been using the Canon Selphy dye sublimation printers for over a decade and I like the results. But the ink+paper packs are very expensive, half the time the printer will refuse to print things due to "paper size error" (there's only one option to select, hard to get that wrong), printing is slow and it's impossible to keep dust from making marks in the prints during printing.

I also have one of those ZINK printers, which the kids love. It prints relatively fast and it has a peel-and-stick back by default. The colours mimic 90s inkjet on cheap copy paper, but 6 year olds don't care about that :) Slightly cheaper than the Selphy prints, but you're still at $1 per print, excluding the cost of the printer.

I don't have an actual recommendations, only observations, I hope it helps a bit in narrowing things down.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0