Sony RX100 MIII

Feb 12, 2014
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
R1-7D said:
The RX100 models are still fantastic and I'm now a bit bummed because I know I'll cave eventually and end up getting one too. :(
+1 ... I'll be getting the 100 MK III within this month.

sounds like your GAS kicks in AGAIN....... ;D
Indeed ;D ... I've taken a liking to Sony mirrorless cameras and lenses ... the more I use them, the more I like them ... it has been 2 months since I touched my 5D MK III & the 70D ... but my Canon lenses do get a work out with the a7 ... I can easily carry from 12mm (FF FOV) to 200mm + 2 Sony mirrorless cameras in my office bag, its fun and convenient when the size is small while still providing great image quality.

You going to need more space under your signature soon ;D

I went to local camera shop last week, just looking for camera backpack that can hold x2 5d III with 24-70 II and 70-200 attached. I ended up with this............. ::)
Congratulations! That is one impressive camera ... I understand how easy it is to get tempted ... that's one of the reasons I sometimes do not carry my debit or credit cards (especially when I am going to a good camera store), coz I am scared I'll end up buying something that I may not use much ;D

Yes, if you carrying that giant around, people will think you are a real photographer. The bigger the better!!

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Tugela said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
R1-7D said:
The RX100 models are still fantastic and I'm now a bit bummed because I know I'll cave eventually and end up getting one too. :(

Indeed ;D ... I've taken a liking to Sony mirrorless cameras and lenses ... the more I use them, the more I like them ... it has been 2 months since I touched my 5D MK III & the 70D ... but my Canon lenses do get a work out with the a7 ... I can easily carry from 12mm (FF FOV) to 200mm + 2 Sony mirrorless cameras in my office bag, its fun and convenient when the size is small while still providing great image quality.

I went to local camera shop last week, just looking for camera backpack that can hold x2 5d III with 24-70 II and 70-200 attached. I ended up with this............. ::)
Congratulations! That is one impressive camera ... I understand how easy it is to get tempted ... that's one of the reasons I sometimes do not carry my debit or credit cards (especially when I am going to a good camera store), coz I am scared I'll end up buying something that I may not use much ;D

Yes, if you carrying that giant around, people will think you are a real photographer. The bigger the better!!

I do like my RX1 and A7r + FE 55. The X simply works better with bigger lenses.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Dylan777 said:
Tugela said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Dylan777 said:
Rienzphotoz said:
R1-7D said:

I do like my RX1 and A7r + FE 55. The X simply works better with bigger lenses.
Yeah the Sony Full Frame mirrorless cameras are a joy to use ... the passion of spontaneously taking my a7 with one or two small lenses and taking photos is just amazing ... my 5D MK III is a much better camera in every way but it is not always convenient to carry it around, thus the passion for spontaneously carrying it anywhere is not same as a smaller sized camera.

Upvote 0
I still can't get over how compact the RX100 Mark III is. Went back to the Sony Store to play around with it again and it fits easily into a trouser pocket and hardly seems to weigh anything at all. It also seems to be priced the same the world over, as I compared the price here in AP to B&H etc and it is basically the same. Very, very tempted to get one.

I do wish it was made by Canon, with the exact same specs etc., as then I would not have to learn a new menu system. But to be able to carry that type of image quality around with you, when something like a 1D X is just not possible, is extremely appealing.

Upvote 0
Synkka said:
I have the mark 1 as an underwater cam and presuming the mark 3 is better again, they are an awesome little pocketable camera (not so small in a housing)

I cannot speak of its performance but I can tell you that the new viewfinder is very impressive, it even has a tiny little flash. When I tried to test the AF speed in the Sony Store it seemed fine and worked well, and the IS in video mode was quite extraordinary.

I may go back again tomorrow and see if I can stick my own memory card in to take a closer look at the RAW files.

For me a camera like this is all about image quality and portability. I could go on a cycling trip with this in my jersey's back pocket and not worry about weight etc. It is ideal to take to a discreet event and not worry about the camera and lens(es) ruining my dinner jacket-look.

I even like the brochure. :eek:

Upvote 0
tayassu said:
I wasn't really interested in this camera until I read this thread. Now that I have watched some reviews I totally want to own this camera!! ::) Damn it, this forum really makes you buy even more things than you wanted before! :mad: ;D

I have not bought it yet. I resisted. But for how long who knows?!

But, the more I test and play with it, the more I like it. The EVF senses when you put your eye next to it so it deactivates the LCD and activates the EVF. The AF is not too slow, and there are quite a few different settings for the AF point which is moveable. The insane little flash, just makes me smile, and as I gradually get to understand the menu system a bit, things gradually begin to make sense. I even like the brochure!!

Go to your local shop and have a play with it yourself. Make sure you do the pocket test, as that is the icing on the cake. It is so light you hardly know it is even there.

Now if it only had whatsapp built in..... ;D :eek:

Upvote 0
expatinasia said:
tayassu said:
I wasn't really interested in this camera until I read this thread. Now that I have watched some reviews I totally want to own this camera!! ::) Damn it, this forum really makes you buy even more things than you wanted before! :mad: ;D

I have not bought it yet. I resisted. But for how long who knows?!

But, the more I test and play with it, the more I like it. The EVF senses when you put your eye next to it so it deactivates the LCD and activates the EVF. The AF is not too slow, and there are quite a few different settings for the AF point which is moveable. The insane little flash, just makes me smile, and as I gradually get to understand the menu system a bit, things gradually begin to make sense. I even like the brochure!!

Go to your local shop and have a play with it yourself. Make sure you do the pocket test, as that is the icing on the cake. It is so light you hardly know it is even there.

Now if it only had whatsapp built in..... ;D :eek:

Oh, you only make it worse... ;D

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
Just ordered the RX100 III and it will arrive on Thursday.

Congrats Rienzphotoz, bet you are going to love it.

To be able to carry something that small around in your pocket and still get amazing image quality and video is awesome.

I still have not bought it, but have played with it extensively now, so most likely will.

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
I checked with my local dealer today, they could not even find the MK III in their system. That's strange, since they sell a lot of cameras at their two local stores as well as operating a big online store (onecall.com)

I was in Seattle last week and stopped at Fry's to see if they had the MK III. What a disaster. They had only two Canon DSLR's, which were two 70 D kits, one Nikon DSLR Model, and a Sony or two. The other 90% of their display was empty. Same for P&S cameras, no high end ones and lots of empty spaces.
I'd say that they are in big financial trouble from the look of things.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I checked with my local dealer today, they could not even find the MK III in their system. That's strange, since they sell a lot of cameras at their two local stores as well as operating a big online store (onecall.com)

I was in Seattle last week and stopped at Fry's to see if they had the MK III. What a disaster. They had only two Canon DSLR's, which were two 70 D kits, one Nikon DSLR Model, and a Sony or two. The other 90% of their display was empty. Same for P&S cameras, no high end ones and lots of empty spaces.

No sale tax + free shipping: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1049537-REG/sony_dscrx100m3_b_cyber_shot_dsc_rx100_iii_digital.html

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
expatinasia said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Just ordered the RX100 III and it will arrive on Thursday.

Congrats Rienzphotoz, bet you are going to love it.

To be able to carry something that small around in your pocket and still get amazing image quality and video is awesome.

I still have not bought it, but have played with it extensively now, so most likely will.
Thank you ... ever since I got into the mirrorless camera world, photography has become "easier" ... I don't have to worry about which camera + lens to pack in the bag due to size weight concerns, now I can take 2 mirrorless cameras and 5 lenses in a small bag ... from what I've watched and read about the RX100III, I am hoping that it'll be a happy compromise with quality images in a tiny package ... the thought of being able to carry a good quality camera, (with RAW output, view finder, built-in ND filter, tilt screen and a great aperture), all the time is awesome.
Will post some pics once I get my hands on the camera.

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
Dylan777 said:

No sale tax + free shipping: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1049537-REG/sony_dscrx100m3_b_cyber_shot_dsc_rx100_iii_digital.html

Washington State requires that I pay sales tax, and my accountant makes sure it happens. Just because B&H does not offer the convenience of handling tax for me, does not mean that its due.

Upvote 0

dgatwood

300D, 400D, 6D
May 1, 2013

My local Fry's store hasn't had consistent stocking of products for as long as I can remember... at least a decade. Then again, I care about weird stuff like film capacitors....

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Dylan777 said:

Washington State requires that I pay sales tax, and my accountant makes sure it happens. Just because B&H does not offer the convenience of handling tax for me, does not mean that its due.

Sounds like you doing it for living

Upvote 0