Stock Notice: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III at B&H Photo

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
B&H Photo has the brand new Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III listed as in stock. We have a report from one reader that they had received their EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III yesterday.</p>
<p>Stock will likely be limited over the next few months, so we’d act quickly if you’re interested in the new lens.</p>
<p><strong><a href="https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1274708-REG/canon_ef_16_35mm_f_2_8l_iii.html/bi/2466/kbid/3296">Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III $2199 @ B&H Photo</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

IgotGASbadDude said:
Man I loved my 16-35 II. Had to part with it to get a 1DX. Can't wait for my new version III to come in!

Could have used it this week (Homecoming events) but at least I'll have it for the Halloween events!

The 16-35 f/2.8L II was my most used lens as well, and although I loved the focal range, I found that below f/4 it was often disappointing and I usually shot around f/5.6 - f/11. I sold it a few weeks ago in preparation for one replacement or another.

The 2.8L III is really expensive, so right now I'm leaning to the f/4L IS version, but will wait for reviews. In the meantime I get UW from my M3 with the EF-M 11-22 IS. I might just go with the EOS-M5 and the EF-M for all my UW needs, depending on how the M5 works out (the M3 often responds too slow to be practical). I love the small size and weight of the M3 with 11-22.

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
B&H Photo has the brand new Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III listed as in stock. We have a report from one reader that they had received their EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III yesterday.</p>
<p>Stock will likely be limited over the next few months, so we’d act quickly if you’re interested in the new lens.</p>
<p><strong><a href="https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1274708-REG/canon_ef_16_35mm_f_2_8l_iii.html/bi/2466/kbid/3296">Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III $2199 @ B&H Photo</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

One word: IS?

Upvote 0
I'm still very pleased with my mkii version.
I use it for magazine shoots of architecture as well as landscapes and large groups of people, and my copy is stellar.

I am very interested in the new 24-105 however, as my old one is about 9 years old and the zoom is very floppy.
I'm waiting for it to be kitted with the 5d4, then I'll push the button.

Upvote 0

arcer

You're now reading irrelevant text.
Jan 8, 2016
Hong Kong SAR
cenkog said:
Without IS, not suitable for video, without a video not suitable for this motion-picture era... Sorry...

Thanks for your opinion, but I don't think IS will be a hit-or-miss for the intended market of this lens. This lens was widely popularize by sports and events photographers that need to take action shots that require fast shutter speeds anyway. However, putting IS is still a great step for the advancement of this lens for those who make budget videos but can still shell out more than USD$2500 for this lens when it releases.

But for now, adding IS is useless for most as current IS technology do add significant weight and size to a lens, while also adding a prohibitive cost to most. Personally, I look forward to a stabilized 24-70 F2.8 before I'll think about the 16-35F2.8 IS.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Etienne said:
IgotGASbadDude said:
Man I loved my 16-35 II. Had to part with it to get a 1DX. Can't wait for my new version III to come in!

Could have used it this week (Homecoming events) but at least I'll have it for the Halloween events!

The 16-35 f/2.8L II was my most used lens as well, and although I loved the focal range, I found that below f/4 it was often disappointing and I usually shot around f/5.6 - f/11. I sold it a few weeks ago in preparation for one replacement or another.

The 2.8L III is really expensive, so right now I'm leaning to the f/4L IS version, but will wait for reviews. In the meantime I get UW from my M3 with the EF-M 11-22 IS. I might just go with the EOS-M5 and the EF-M for all my UW needs, depending on how the M5 works out (the M3 often responds too slow to be practical). I love the small size and weight of the M3 with 11-22.

This.

While id love to have a ultra wide for my 5d3, the 10-22 on my M1 has carried my cityscapes for the last 3 years.

Id opt to retiring that lens if i can get my hands on the 11-22 efm. Unlike a lot if the complainers, using the adapter has never ever been a problem.

Upvote 0