Stock Notice: Kirk L Bracket for Canon 6D Mark II at B&H Photo

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
B&H Photo has the Kirk Camera Plate for Canon 6D Mark II or L bracket in stock for the EOS  6D Mark  II.</p>
<p class="fs16 OpenSans-600-normal upper product-highlights-header">PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS</p>

<ul class="top-section-list" data-selenium="highlightList">
<li class="top-section-list-item">Arca-Type Compatible Dovetail Mount</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">90° Anti-Twist Lip</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">No Interference with Moving LCD Screen</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Access to the Battery Door</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Black Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Sensor Centering Line</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Machined Hand Strap Loop</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">1/4″-20 Camera Mounting Screw</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">1/4″-20 Female Mounting Socket</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Hex Key Included</li>
</ul>
<p><a href="https://bhpho.to/2ynqxO9"><strong>Kirk L Bracket for Canon 6D Mark II at B&H Photo</strong></a></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Although I'm no longer planning to buy the 6D Mark II, this plate looks like it solves the problem with the fulll tilt/flip screen, and is the L-Plate I would buy if I were upgrading to the Mark II.

Since I do a lot of work from the tripod, I keep a good (RRS) L-plate attached to my 6D at all times, and I was wondering how to make that work without compromising my ability to flip the screen. I have an FZ1000 as my light travel camera, and I bought a SunWayFoto L-Plate for it, but I eventually took it off because it interfered with the flipping of the monitor. The FZ1000 plate contains a slot to allow the monitor to be rotated and flipped at 90 degrees, effectively allowing you to position the monitor at 90 degrees up or down, so you can point the monitor straight down while holding the camera over your head, or vice/versa, but I found that too limiting.

Looks like Kirk solved that problem for the 6D Mark II. If the plate is solid enough (and Kirks are usually top tier along with RRS) with that hinge, 6D Mark II owners who want an L-plate are well served with this one. Trust me, if you stick a conventional solid L-plate on it, or an L-plate you have to disassemble, you will curse when you realize how constricted your tilty/flippy screen is, and that screen flexibility is one of the the 6D Mark IIs strongest features IMO.

Upvote 0