Store multiple custom WB in 5D2?

Feb 15, 2015
Is it possible to store multiple custom white balances in a 5D2?

I shoot series of UV reflectance images with three different UV filters and UV-flash [Paul Buff WhiteLight 1600 with un-coated tube] on a full-spectrum modified 5D2 body. Rather than doing WB every time I switch a filter, I would like to store the custom WB and call it up when I change a filter. Is that even possible?

Zeidora said:
Is it possible to store multiple custom white balances in a 5D2?

I shoot series of UV reflectance images with three different UV filters and UV-flash [Paul Buff WhiteLight 1600 with un-coated tube] on a full-spectrum modified 5D2 body. Rather than doing WB every time I switch a filter, I would like to store the custom WB and call it up when I change a filter. Is that even possible?
Don't know but another, possibly better, way to do it would be to store multiple light source profiles (from, say, a Colorchecker) in your raw converter and apply the relevant one to each raw you convert.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Zeidora.
I think this is exactly the type of thing that C1,C2 and C3 are for, I think that you should be able to save a new WB on each one and leave a fourth value set covering the rest of the P, AV, TV, M settings, green box will go Auto WB on you! :)
Setting C1 etc starts on p206 of the UK English manual.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
Both good clues! I think C1 etc. will be better route, if it works. DxO profile will be trickier because UV reflectance is so far off the norm, that it is out of range for the sliders. Re color checker, that is highly doubtful to work as UV reflectance on full spectrum sensor give false color images. (and I do macro z-stacks at 2-3:1. Don't have a micro checker).

Color fine tuning is done after RAW conversion in RGB or LAB getting black neutral. That works pretty well.

Will play around with it ... Thanks!

Upvote 0
Registering custom user settings to C1, 2 and 3 should do it. I think the white balance compensation for AWB doesn't save, but that could be my own misuse of it. Manual white balance does save to each C1/2/3 setting.

Just remember that C1/2/3 will save everything else about how the camera is set up, too. So if you only want to have them store different white balances then make sure to put every other setting to a neutral position.

Upvote 0