Sunset landscape

bow fiddle rock, portknockie, scotland. 5dII + 24-70L + 3.0nd-filter.
20130619221716__mg_1015-bearbeitet.jpg

Thuringian Forest
20120919222816__mg_4240.jpg

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
jrista said:
I meant to share these a while ago, but only got the change to try and process the rest recently. Even with HDR, I couldn't really work out the kinks in most of the images...not in a reasonable amount of time anyway. These are the three that came out decently well:
I like the first one best. The blown out highlights of the sun work, and somehow it seems to make the field look larger and gives a feeling of a vast expanse of sunflowers....

Upvote 0
Thanks, Guys.

Don Haines said:
jrista said:
I meant to share these a while ago, but only got the change to try and process the rest recently. Even with HDR, I couldn't really work out the kinks in most of the images...not in a reasonable amount of time anyway. These are the three that came out decently well:
I like the first one best. The blown out highlights of the sun work, and somehow it seems to make the field look larger and gives a feeling of a vast expanse of sunflowers....

Yeah, I like having the sun blown out a bit more in these shots. I think if I had the proper highlight exposure, it could have worked with a fully realized sun...but, my exposures weren't that good, and this just looks better.

I do have to say...that is one of the largest fields of sunflowers I've ever seen. Even standing there up on the road, I couldn't quite tell where it ended. :p These were the squat little sunflowers, too...they never topped about five feet, and on average were more like three feet. Awesome little things. :D

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Out canoe camping on the weekend and had a beautiful sunset....

These two images are panoramas, the first 8 shots, taken as the sun was setting, and the second is a 7 shot panorama taken about 10 minutes after the sun dropped below the horizon.

Attachments

• Pano04a.jpg
    Pano04a.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Pano05.jpg
    Pano05.jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0