SX60 HS replacement for the SX50 HS?

I'll be keeping an eye on this. My wife is looking for a camera that is easy to use to replace her 7-year-old Canon point and shoot (Powershot S3 IS). I'm steering her in the direction of a SX50 HS right now so I can borrow it for shooting things beyond the 400mm reach I'm currently limited to with my 6D and 70-200 2.8 II + 2xiii extender.

Since that purchase is probably at least 6 months away, here is hoping the SX60 HS will be available then.

Upvote 0
bholliman said:
I'll be keeping an eye on this. My wife is looking for a camera that is easy to use to replace her 7-year-old Canon point and shoot (Powershot S3 IS). I'm steering her in the direction of a SX50 HS right now so I can borrow it for shooting things beyond the 400mm reach I'm currently limited to with my 6D and 70-200 2.8 II + 2xiii extender.

Since that purchase is probably at least 6 months away, here is hoping the SX60 HS will be available then.

I am in the same boat, so to speak, which is why I asked about the SX60 HS. Only problem is that my wife would like the replacement for her birthday which is next month, so I guess I will have to go with the SX50 HS, although the Panasonic FZ200 is a very close second.

WesternGuy

Upvote 0
Triggyman said:
Don't get rid of the S3 IS just yet, it still produces fine pictures (6mp is pretty clean) and the AA batteries are a big plus. SX50 has a considerably weak battery (unless you go out and buy a back-up).

I wish i didn't give my S3 IS away 4 years ago.

Triggyman, thanks for the insight on the SX50 battery. My wife has now decided that she will wait for the SX60 and see what it brings, so we will see. ::)

WesternGuy

Upvote 0