T4i and 5D Mark III in February??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming the T4i will be announced on February 7th at CP+ and rumors are now saying 5D Mark III later in the month. I've been waiting for the T4i hoping for promising new features... or just use the T3i with it's newly reduced price due to being replaced. I would get 5D Mark III if it weren't for it probably going to be like $3k :p

So thoughts? Features of T4i and 5D Mark III and possibility of them truly coming out.

Other fun facts:
T1i
T2i
T3i
^ All released at CP+ and a year in between one another.

G

gene_can_sing

I'm waiting for the T4I for the improved video and then when the DSLR / Video hybrid comes out later this year, I'll pick one of those up.

After using the 60D vs. my old 7D, I've come to realize how important a flip screen is if you want to do any kind of interesting angle for video or stills. This last project was a series of odd angle time-lapses which would have been nearly impossible without a flip screen, So from now on, it's flip-screen only cameras which I'm sure the t4i has, and hopefully the DSLR video hybrid.

Upvote 0
00Q said:
The best buy is the 550D. You get the same same sensor as the 600D, the 60D and the 7D for a fraction of a cost. Put all your money into lenses. Or into a full frame camera.

Exactly what I have been doing starting with the T2i purchase in 09-2010. I am very ready and needing to upgrade and was hoping to hold out for a 5D3 but I only have about $2000 saved which isn't going to cut it plus would need to buy 24-70 f2.8 as well.

New plan is to buy either a 70D first (if its announced) or a T4i. I think it very unlikely that they would not use a new sensor as the competition (primarily Sony) has been breathing down their neck for quite a bit. After the 5D3 is announced and shipping, maybe I will be able to pull together some money toward that and sell my T2i which will be used as a backup/secondary camera in the interim.

However, if there is not a new sensor, I will just hold out and hope for the best.

Upvote 0
Wahoowa said:
I don't know what will be put in the new T4i to distinguish itself from the previous T3i.

A new sensor at higher resolution? I kinda doubt it. If not, what else?

I don't want any more pixels... should have the new Digic V processor for much better handling of ISO.
I really hope they have video autofocus too... the 1DX doesn't seem to have it, but Nikon has had it since the D7000 and packed it with their D31000 and D5100.

Upvote 0
00Q said:
The best buy is the 550D. You get the same same sensor as the 600D, the 60D and the 7D for a fraction of a cost. Put all your money into lenses. Or into a full frame camera.
For video, I agree. I am mainly interested in the camera for video, but the T4i very likely will have the new Digic V processor making for better low light capabilities... also video autofocus hopefully.

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
cupkeyk said:
I read that it will feature a touchscreen on its LCD. Would it be helpful?

hell no. with a nose the size of mine i would keep changing stuff accidentally!

I think they might add touchscreen just differentiate it from 600D, and put proximity sensor for it. Dont know how useful it would be...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.