Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<strong>From The Camera Store Blog:</strong></p>
<p>The Camera Store had a break and enter early in the morning on December 16th, 2017. A selection of high-end specialty cameras and lenses were stolen including:</p>
<ul>
<li>Hasselblad X1D camera body silver #UQ27014288</li>
<li>Hasselblad XC 30mm F3.5 lens #2WV10784</li>
<li>Hasselblad XC 45mm F3.5 lens #2UVT10447</li>
<li>Hasselblad XC 90mm F3.5 lens #2VVT10265</li>
<li>Leica MP Safari Edition #09008593</li>
</ul>
<p>This theft seems very targeted since specific items were taken. We hope that someone in the local photo community will hear something about this.</p>

<p><strong>We are offering a $5000 TCS shopping spree for any information that leads to a conviction.</strong></p>
<p>Please call police at 403-266-1234 or if you wish to remain anonymous call crime stoppers at 1-800-222-8477</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
Don Haines said:
Apparently Canon is no longer #1☹️
Well, I live in Calgary and I work a block away from TheCameraStore; I know for a fact that Sony gear is close to the smashed windows and they didn`t touch it either :)
I feel sorry for the store because they're good guys, their prices are quite reasonable...and they're local...

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
AvTvM said:
omg ... it was a burglary, one of 1 million or so happening every day. A crime nevertheless and financial loss for the affected business/owners, yes. But luckily nobody was injured or killed... i dont see any reason whatsoever to refrain from any jokes in this case.

I guess I'm just sensitive this morning, still feeling bad about the Train Wreck on I5 where I have driven 500 times, maybe more.

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
omg ... it was a burglary, one of 1 million or so happening every day. A crime nevertheless and financial loss for the affected business/owners, yes. But luckily nobody was injured or killed... i dont see any reason whatsoever to refrain from any jokes in this case.

The fact that there are millions of burglaries doesn’t make any individual event any less wrong, and it ought not to make us any more calloused towards them. I agree with you that the fact that this involved only goods and not human life makes it orders of magnitude less significant than many other crimes.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
The damage is to some display cases and some missing stock. Nobody got hurt, no employees traumatized at gunpoint, and the store was quickly back up and running. It is good that we can joke about it..... beats the heck out of attending a service for a lost friend.....

And yes, I hope they catch whoever did it.... and yes, the mugshot should be 50 megapixels with 16 stops of DR....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2016
As today with the information flow, you can scan almost any picture uploaded to the internet and examine their meta-data, such as camera number or lens number, so once the one who ordered that camera (and It looks like ordered theft) will upload a picture, then you can trace them down. However, not sure it will be the thieve themselves, rather be the person they sold if to, but that will be a good start.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
bhf3737 said:
It seems that stolen goods were recovered, except the Leica.
The story from the Camera Store Blog below:
http://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/stolen-hasselblad-gear-reunited-with-the-camera-store-.aspx

excellent - they got some/most of the stolen goods back and dimwit suspects were caught quickly.

now jokes are allowed again ... ;)

Suspect 1"can you hear all that slapping in cell next to ours? Police is beating them up with wet towels to extract confession ... "
Suspect 2: "no, don't worry, just some burglars stupid enough to steal DSLRs ... could not sell them anywhere ... owners did not want them back either ... now they are playing with those mirrorslappas next door ..."
;D

PS: of course Canadian police would never do such a thing. just a joke. :p

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
kphoto99 said:
bhf3737 said:
It seems that stolen goods were recovered, except the Leica.
The story from the Camera Store Blog below:
http://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/stolen-hasselblad-gear-reunited-with-the-camera-store-.aspx
How stupid were the thieves that they tried to sell it locally. I figured they would try to sell it on a different continent.
They were ethical thieves who did not wish to void the Canadian warranties by selling abroad. They clearly were not not gray market traders.

Upvote 0