The Canon EOS R3 at the Tokyo Olympic Games

Jul 28, 2015
Women’s beach volleyball been playing with wedgies for ages now. I have never considered that to be a deterrent .
The difference is that those short-shorts are mandated in the sports rules. Hell, I even heard today that for the women, there are rules on the measurable distance between the bottom of the buttock and the start of the lycra leotard. And this is because they are worried that if women do not show the flesh, they will not get the audience (yes, that is the reason). Talk about catering to dirty old men....

[/rant over]

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

pauloancarvalho

Skimboard athlete from Portugal.
Jan 3, 2020
Curious, and unrelated to cameras. If thongs are better for athletics, why don’t the guys wear thong speedo’s? I know I’m not has young as I used to be, and this is not a complaint. I just don’t understand why an athlete would want to expose their bare bum to the entire world. I’d opt for full coverage, but I guess my pasty white behind isn’t much to look at either.
I'm an athlete.

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2019
How many megapixel and what will it cost? Those are the main questions now. Probably 30mpix, so there is something left for the R1, wich will be released 1 year after this R3 to max out sales revenues. In other words, R1 is ready now, they will just wait for the R3 to be sold around the world. Big question is: will this R3 be reasonably priced, or overpriced like we know from Canon.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
The difference is that those short-shorts are mandated in the sports rules. Hell, I even heard today that for the women, there are rules on the measurable distance between the bottom of the buttock and the start of the lycra leotard. And this is because they are worried that if women do not show the flesh, they will not get the audience (yes, that is the reason). Talk about catering to dirty old men....

[/rant over]
The older I get, the more I appreciate young woman proudly showing off. It isn't about being "dirty". It's about the absolute beauty and majesty of it all! The joy! Dirty? Pfttttt! Birds do it. Bees do it. Even Pekinese do it. Normal

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
The older I get, the more I appreciate young woman proudly showing off. It isn't about being "dirty". It's about the absolute beauty and majesty of it all! The joy! Dirty? Pfttttt! Birds do it. Bees do it. Even Pekinese do it. Normal
But there is a massive difference between people wearing skimpy or exposing clothing if they want to and their attire being a mandated condition of competing in their chosen sport!

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
But there is a massive difference between people wearing skimpy or exposing clothing if they want to and their attire being a mandated condition of competing in their chosen sport!
I would imagine that if all the players under the mandate refused to play until a change is made, a change would be made. OTOH... Who are we trying to fool? A huge part of the audience and money would be lost. Far fewer would make a living playing the sport. Cheekiness is what makes it viable as a pro sport.

• Sad
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I would imagine that if all the players under the mandate refused to play until a change is made, a change would be made. OTOH... Who are we trying to fool? A huge part of the audience and money would be lost. Far fewer would make a living playing the sport. Cheekiness is what makes it viable as a pro sport.
The female Norwegian beach handball team just got fined $1,700 for refusing to show the required amount of skin. Even the Norwegian beach handball management couldn’t find a reason why they should wear skimpy outfits for a specific international competition.

Personally I watch sport for the thrill of the game and the skills of the players, not the amount of midriff or thigh on display. It is truly a sad and pathetic world that we live in when viewing figures/advertising revenue/money/power end up permeating life to such an extent that the best female athletes in the world are only good enough to televise if they are also prepared to titillate a pathetic male audience.

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
The female Norwegian beach handball team just got fined $1,700 for refusing to show the required amount of skin. Even the Norwegian beach handball management couldn’t find a reason why they should wear skimpy outfits for a specific international competition.

Personally I watch sport for the thrill of the game and the skills of the players, not the amount of midriff or thigh on display. It is truly a sad and pathetic world that we live in when viewing figures/advertising revenue/money/power end up permeating life to such an extent that the best female athletes in the world are only good enough to televise if they are also prepared to titillate a pathetic male audience.
I used to read Playboy for the shoe and watch ads. Sometimes there's only one way to sell something and make money at it. People should not ask to make a living on the stage without paying the fee. There are no rules for attire in a local pickup game. If it's for the love of the sport, then the money shouldn't matter. If it's about the money, primarily, then pay the fee, wear the uniform. It's not like this is a surprise.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I used to read Playboy for the shoe and watch ads. Sometimes there's only one way to sell something and make money at it. People should not ask to make a living on the stage without paying the fee. There are no rules for attire in a local pickup game. If it's for the love of the sport, then the money shouldn't matter. If it's about the money, primarily, then pay the fee, wear the uniform. It's not like this is a surprise.
Seriously? You have a granddaughter, if she showed promise as a gymnast you’d say those same words to her as an 8-11 year old if she had the potential to compete at an international level? Don’t forget by the time she reached the age to vote her gymnastics career would be over anyway.

Only in the USA is everything diluted to the “only one way to sell something” argument.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0