The Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 won’t ship for a while

Mr Majestyk

EOS RP
Feb 20, 2016
Australia
Why haven’t they had feature announcements of the R6 yet, very little official (any?) annoucements I’m aware of and it was supposed to be the first one released.

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
Am I wrong or wasnt the word always that the R5 would be a summer release. Whats the big deal?
You are correct. Besides, the release date is probably irrelevant in today's environment. Pre-orders will take a couple of months to fill after the release date and then you can expect about six additional weeks after that when it will be out of stock everywhere. That will be followed by retailers getting a handful every week or so, which will sell out immediately. All of this will be at the release price. Usually, you start to see price breaks after about a year. I think this one will be closer to 18 months, if we are lucky.

Reactions: Dragon

Dragon

EF 800L
May 29, 2019
You are correct. Besides, the release date is probably irrelevant in today's environment. Pre-orders will take a couple of months to fill after the release date and then you can expect about six additional weeks after that when it will be out of stock everywhere. That will be followed by retailers getting a handful every week or so, which will sell out immediately. All of this will be at the release price. Usually, you start to see price breaks after about a year. I think this one will be closer to 18 months, if we are lucky.
$100 off for Christmas 2021. I will happily choke up the extra $100 to enjoy the camera for the intervening year and a half :) .

Cyborx

EOS 90D
Feb 3, 2019
And... Canon is doing it wrong AGAIN! WTF, give us these cameras you crazy idiots!
It is all about sales and revenue figures. They are affraid the camera won't sell in Corona times.
And of course this is true. Who want's to invest when unemployed? Not me..
But hey, what about just launch this camera now, take your loss and come up with an updated R7 in december or whatever.. Keeping a product away from us as long as economy is down is just sick and sad. But hey, Canon will always surprise you :) What's next? A mirrorless pro body for 9000 euros?

Cyborx

EOS 90D
Feb 3, 2019
Canon is now the weirdest company in the world. First they keep making DSLR's with mirrors when competition is on fire with mirrorless, leaving pro's and semi-pro's behind. Now, after a year, finally having (what seems to be) a fantastic camera ready, but not bringing it to market. Can you still keep up with them? I am lost for sure.. Idiots.

jedy

EOS 90D
Feb 14, 2014
There’s been so much hype over the R5 it would be great just to be able to get to see the first wave of reviews and real world testing to find out just how capable it really is, and it’s price. All the expectations (and scepticism) need to be addressed once and for all.

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Wow, can I really get a 70200mm lens, that must be great for birds in flight, but why only available in RF mount? Can you hand hold it or is it vehicle mounted? Do I have to buy a Canon truck for this lens now? So many questions!

Cheers, Graham.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
paying off a Canon 70200 in instalments may find you in an extreme financial hardship situation for the next 30 years at least provided you are still on a good income by then. :)

Last edited:

edoorn

EOS RP
Apr 1, 2016
no doubt the supplier chain has been impacted and will result in lower quantities of camera's available. But demand will probably be lower too initially.

Reactions: Quarkcharmed
Feb 15, 2020
no doubt the supplier chain has been impacted and will result in lower quantities of camera's available. But demand will probably be lower too initially.

Agreed. Maybe it will balance out... if they price it aggressively demand may still be quite strong...

Reactions: edoorn

Daner

AE-1 Program
Aug 15, 2017
Stockholm
danethomasphotography.com
In the meantime I’m still paying instalments for RF1535 & RF 70200 until Dec this year, I can only afford to buy R5 after then:cry::cry:

Old news. They just copied this 57000 from the 1900 Paris show.

Great_Ex_Telescope_Telescope.jpg

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
No shit man :) Wasnt it always supposed to be a summer release date anyway?
Agree, it was always billed as released in may, shipped in July so nothing new to fuss over? Maybe it's just that everyone wants it NOW!!!!!! I'm not really impatient, I just have a very low waiting tolerance. :)