The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We have been trying hard to find out an announcement timeframe for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II. We have been told that the plan is to announce the camera before the end of 2022, exactly when is unknown. We don’t know if the EOS R6 Mark II will ship in 2022.
There are people that base buying decisions on future products, and we receive a lot of “should I wait for the R62 instead of getting the R6”?
Based on history, these are the things to consider when asking this question.

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will cost more...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Fran Decatta

EOS R6
Mar 6, 2019
Let's hope that the R6 mk II use the same stacked sensor and same AF performance of the R3 and making the mechanical shooter something completely optional. This would be a good upgrade.

Anyways, I though that this new R6 mkII would come after the R1 is announced (this one will bring quad pixel, probably). The actual R6 is already a great tool for photographers.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Wow, that’s interesting news. I figured with the cashback going on for the R6 at the moment, it would take at least until Q2/2023 for mkII to be released.

I’ll wait and see what the R6mkii and the R8 (if it comes) bring to the table. Better AF, faster FPS and maybe IBIS are my main focus coming from the R, since I shoot more and more sports than I used to.

If the mkII has the stacked sensor from the R3 I might preorder asap. If not, I might be tempted getting the R6 for a lower price point.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Well you convinced me on the last caption "
  • If video is your focus, we think that the EOS R6 Mark II will be more like a “C” version of R6 without the active cooling."
I will wait as I will only buy a new camera next year anyways. If it has more video features and has even better autofocus it's a sell for me
I think the video would be more like the R3 than the R5 C.
Even without a stacked sensor that would be pretty desirable.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Rumours not rumors

R6mkII, 2x90D, 630 (film), Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sport
CR Pro
May 12, 2020
Australia mate (-:
If a R6 MkII really is on the verge of being released with an increased pixel count sensor, I don't give a rat's fat clack whether the sensor is stacked, smacked, whacked, flat, honeycombed or an inverted sphere (one for the quantum physicists), so long as it performs at least as equal to, and preferably better, in low light / high ISO situations as the current R6, and still accepts a battery grip, then I'll be making the jump from EF to RF mount albeit with the lens adapters so I can use my excellent SIGMA EF mount lenses. If a R6 Mk II also sported a top LCD, I'd be happier than an old dwarf at a mini-skirt convention.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Upvote 0
Any word on the R5 II since they both debuted together?
I'd expect there to have been rumours if it was coming soon. Also I'd observe that, although bodies are much more than sensors, the R5's was brand new, whereas the R6's was essentially a reused 1DxII/III so it makes sense from that perspective to update it sooner imo.

Upvote 0
If a R6 MkII really is on the verge of being released with an increased pixel count sensor, I don't give a rat's fat clack whether the sensor is stacked, smacked, whacked, flat, honeycombed or an inverted sphere (one for the quantum physicists), so long as it performs at least as equal to, and preferably better, in low light / high ISO situations as the current R6, and still accepts a battery grip, then I'll be making the jump from EF to RF mount albeit with the lens adapters so I can use my excellent SIGMA EF mount lenses. If a R6 Mk II also sported a top LCD, I'd be happier than an old dwarf at a mini-skirt convention.
I would say it is bound to equal the R6's ISO performance; normalised, the R5 does (according to all reports I've seen), and 24MP is only 10% extra linear resolution than the current body which is hardly going to impact that noticeably.

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
I'm excited to see what the detailed specs look like. If its a BSI stacked sensor, I may upgrade. Otherwise not seeing enough to jump from the R6. That's pretty typical though. In a single generation there is always improvement, but most often only enough to make it a harder decision to upgrade. So when do we expect the R6III? lol....

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
The 135 has been on my wish list for a loooong time! Not as long as the 35 1.2 but still...
Shut up and take my money Canon! :ROFLMAO:
I'll order one on day one
I had the EF 135/2 and ended up selling it. I found the 70-200/2.8 II more useful for portraits and indoor events. I have the RF 70-200/2.8 now. I’ll wait and see how the RF 135/1.8 performs, definitely won’t be preordering. An RF 300/2.8 would be a different story.

Upvote 0

roby17269

R5, H5X + IQ1-80, DJI Mini & Mavic 3 Pro, GoPro 10
Feb 26, 2014
New York
rdmfashionphoto.com
I had the EF 135/2 and ended up selling it. I found the 70-200/2.8 II more useful for portraits and indoor events. I have the RF 70-200/2.8 now. I’ll wait and see how the RF 135/1.8 performs, definitely won’t be preordering. An RF 300/2.8 would be a different story.
I am more of a prime guy. I had the EF 70-200 2.8 (II) and liked it a lot but sold it to help "financing" a 200 2, which I loved even more.
I used to have the EF 135 2 and used it a lot for kids photography. I found the fl to be great to take photos of my daughter playing around.
I have sold the EF 135 time ago in anticipation of a new RF version.
The main issue with a 300 2.8 would be how to justify it to the swmbo :ROFLMAO: Unfortunately it would be way too big to pass it as "c'mon honey it's one of my lenses, had it forever!"

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
The main issue with a 300 2.8 would be how to justify it to the swmbo :ROFLMAO: Unfortunately it would be way too big to pass it as "c'mon honey it's one of my lenses, had it forever!"
Well, it’s been rumored to be 40% lighter and 30% shorter than the EF version…so maybe worth a try? :D

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0