The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

Mar 25, 2011
Probably same sensor, processor and features as the M50 (like cropped 4k without DPAF)

The SL2 was pretty much equal to the M50 for me, and it would tether to a computer via USB, this model has more features. I replaced my SL2 with the R, which was a upgrade. I liked that it could be used as a DSLR with optical viewfinder, or as a mirrorless. It has no 4K or EVF, of course. What I missed was AFMA, so I had to use some lenses in live view only to take advantage of the DPAF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don’t get how people can complain about the features of a camera aimed at the absolute beginner end of the market. People who have never used a DSLR before don’t need 27+ focus points.

Is it aimed at the absolute beginner end of the market, or the people who want the smallest size possible? I would have figured that beginners gravitated towards the T7i.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Is it aimed at the absolute beginner end of the market, or the people who want the smallest size possible? I would have figured that beginners gravitated towards the T7i.

For me, the SL2 is a great camera to carry with me when hiking or biking and I don't want to be bothered with my "big boy" cameras. The limited focusing system can be frustrating, but other than that, the quality of images is great. With the pancake 24mm it's a fun street photography camera and with the 18-400 Tamron it's a handy walking-around-tourist camera.

I still dream of a SL? that has a focusing system at least equal to the original 7D. Looks like I will be waiting awhile for that.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This will probably be the camera I buy my six-year-old.
If you are not being sarcastic, you'd probably save money by waiting and buying a refurbished SL2 when Canon closes them out. That is, unless your six-year-old is really needing 4K.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
what a suprise ,maybe I will buy this one if it have more than 27 AF points.
Without dedicated AF point selector using anything more than 19pt AF is really difficult and pain in rear side. Would much rather see 7D af system trickling down to this line but since its Canon it will be prehistoric 9 pt AF unit.

Upvote 0

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
If you are not being sarcastic, you'd probably save money by waiting and buying a refurbished SL2 when Canon closes them out. That is, unless your six-year-old is really needing 4K.
He wants to record mommy kissing Santa. Worth 4K, no?
He wants to record mommy kissing Santa. Worth 4K, no?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0