The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Easy to figure out considering the feature set of an M50 or EOS RP, they are not going to give out better features at this price range.
I guess they can make a camera with the same hardware same 4k crop, but enabling DPAF, like M5 Mark II or 90D
The sensor is slightly different in size than the M50, so it is probably a new design. That increases the possibility of DPAF. Likewise, Digic 8 on a DSLR could mean it has the horsepower to process more than a 1 to 1 crop of the video. Of course this is all speculation :) and we will have to wait for the real specs.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
The sensor is slightly different in size than the M50, so it is probably a new design. That increases the possibility of DPAF. Likewise, Digic 8 on a DSLR could mean it has the horsepower to process more than a 1 to 1 crop of the video. Of course this is all speculation :) and we will have to wait for the real specs.
It is 24.1MP just like the M50. 2.56x total crop on the 4k just like the M50. No PDAF in 4k just like the M50.

They are not going to kill the M50 with a better feature set (and cheaper lenses without the need for EF/EF-S adapter) at a slightly lower price level and I can't see them raising the price significantly at this entry level either.

What they did is upgrade the software, so it has more af zones and the continuous eye-af feature just like the RP - which of course also does Not use a new sensor at all (only "adjusted" to RF), but it has similar improvements/tweaks. So it is slightly better than the M50 in that regard, as that camera will not receive a firmware update like the EOS R.

It is a 200D with a bit better 1080p, 4k capability (720p 120fps) and upgraded AF features and other minor improvements (take it or leave it)

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
This notion that everyone has 4k televisions and computer monitors is nonsense. I'm all for more resolution, hell, I mostly do landscapes and macro, available light in the natural world is numero uno. But, I feel like I am grounded in reality thinking it's a specialized small group of shooters who own the gear and NEED the gear for those big specs. Canon gets it''s marketshare and profit from others...once again, it's not from the forum. Therefore, with that humbling nugget of truth, why do (I'm guessing here) reasonable people still keep haranguing for things from Canon on this forum? I just don't understand the need to constantly complain and whine. Buy that Sony, go shoot. Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
You think it’s AVTVMFULLSTOPMIRAGE?

I haven’t see posts before today but don’t see any of the tells like “really right” or “solid state.”
Yeah, it's him. He's trying real hard to cover it, but it's him. AVTVMFULLSTOPMIRAGE4FUNPROUTPROUT. The whole RF lens lineup (big and heavy), the fact that new DSLRs are being released, everybody not dropping everything and going mirrorless has him spinning in the wind right now. He don't know how to act.

Upvote 0

Mark D5 TEAM II

Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
Mar 5, 2013
Tleilax, Thalim Star System
LMFAO yeah right. they could just get the t5i, t6i, t7i and enjoy it the same and not notice the difference. people just want something with better quality than a phone. which will soon fade as phones advance and get more AI stuff.

Oh, I didn't know the AI in phones would allow them to fit APS-C sized sensors or infinite resolution, lag-free, noise-free OVFs in them... :unsure::rolleyes::sneaky:

Upvote 0

Mark D5 TEAM II

Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
Mar 5, 2013
Tleilax, Thalim Star System
That is not ProutProut, AvTvM, fullstop, 4fun, etc. modus operandi. He just likes to complain. That's how one always knows when he's changed his nick. Same words every time. Different nick.

Is this the same annoying guy who always posts DXO DR graphs on every Twitter post from Craig? :cautious: I think he gets a commission every time someone buys a Sony body instead of a 6D2 :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0