There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
I hope they don't wait as its likely this could be a lengthy process and as previously posted, could go into next year so releasing what they have on time would provide some ongoing normality and reviews. 90% sure i'll be pre ordering as long as the price isn't outrageous.. i'm sure it will be more than the EOSR but hopefully not 1dx mklll territory. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I hope they don't wait as its likely this could be a lengthy process and as previously posted, could go into next year so releasing what they have on time would provide some ongoing normality and reviews. 90% sure i'll be pre ordering as long as the price isn't outrageous.. i'm sure it will be more than the EOSR but hopefully not 1dx mklll territory. :)
If it's a mirrorless 5D equivalent I would guess around $3500 range.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Thinking now strongly about getting an EOS R and later pair the R with the EOS R5....I was thinking in getting the R5 first and then decide what should be the best complement body to her, but now...with the possibility of delaying so much i guess it´s a good idea to get an R and get some RF glass and start building the R kit.

It´s a pain...it is and BIGGG one!! But we must understand...there is no way around! and I also agree that if Canon can send some thousands of bodies in July they should, I would definitely preorder (unless it costs 10.000€!! :D )! I don´t think the demand will be going much less because of the olimpics or other events being canceled! It can happen but this will be an all around camera not only for stills but also for video. Olimpic shooters or other sports events may be more 1dx mkIII users.

I expect a very big demand for this camera. Specially if Canon adress price correctly!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2015
From a marketing standpoint, I believe it makes more sense to be able to meet the demand when the hype is peaking. Therefore I believe Canon will to postpone the release until they have sufficient stock. On the other hand, the initial set release date in July was probably well planned and carefully chosen. It will be a hard decision for Canon to make.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
There is an article over in sonyalpharumors that said that companies in china are now recovering around 60% of production so hopefully everything will be back to normal in the next couple weeks however adobe and nikon just pulled the plug on NAB so we could see others following suit

Upvote 0
That's funny!!! : ) So true here as well.
HA! I already saved up for the R5. Now I can continue saving for accessories.
I'd like to know the price so I can determine if my bank account has a production delay as well.
HA! I already saved up for the R5. Now I can continue saving for accessories. If Canon doesn't release it on schedule, it will have a ripple effect on future releases.

Upvote 0
May 4, 2011
Thinking now strongly about getting an EOS R and later pair the R with the EOS R5....I was thinking in getting the R5 first and then decide what should be the best complement body to her, but now...with the possibility of delaying so much i guess it´s a good idea to get an R and get some RF glass and start building the R kit.

I think that’s a good option if you must transition now. Put the bulk of the $ into the lenses and build a collection while waiting for the price to come down a bit (or the next generation body to be announced).

I just don’t like how functionally different the R is from the 5D bodies.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Here in Switzerland already all events +120ppl. Canceled by restrictions. An ppl Al's start to cancel/postpone their weddings and so on...

Yeah down here in New Orleans...this weekend they cancelled all the St. Pat's and Irish-Italian parades....one of the weekly free music zests (Wednesdays on the Square) due to the virus. We just hit 6 cases here.

I'm concerned about the major fests coming up next couple months being cancelled too...French Quarter Fest and JazzFest....

ugh.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Honestly this is what they get for waiting so long, Canon please do not wait any longer! Wedding season is upon us and I along with many others need another camera body! I will be an early preorder!

I wonder if people are going to start postponing weddings, or cancelling BIG wedding with lots of people.....?

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
1/4 capacity probably means however many R6/5 get produced will be the best-assembled and quality-controlled Canon bodies ever made.

Bring on the 1/4 availability, and I'll be sitting at the computer when the clock strikes midnight on release day to pre-order.
This is a huge assumption. I do not believe in this.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Honestly this is what they get for waiting so long, Canon please do not wait any longer! Wedding season is upon us and I along with many others need another camera body! I will be an early preorder!

Yes Canon, make this Coronavirus go away, it's inconveniencing us. [/Sarcasm]

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
I’m bound to get my head bitten off but surely trying to stop the spread of Corona Virus should take priority over the original release date of new Canon cameras. Loads of events are being delayed or cancelled. I get that it’s frustrating but surely during this time we should all have more understanding of the situation we are in.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I’m bound to get my head bitten off but surely trying to stop the spread of Corona Virus should take priority over the original release date of new Canon cameras. Loads of events are being delayed or cancelled. I get that it’s frustrating but surely during this time we should all have more understanding of the situation we are in.

Yes, I was just thinking how childish our comments seem to be. Waah, Waah Waah. I want my new toy.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I got my R5. Here's my first shots with it of my IV pole!

Upvote 0