Third party ring for Lee Filter Foundation kit

I just got some new filters for my Filter kit. As the Original Lee filter ring adaptors are very expensive (just an ring made out of aluminium; Costs here 70€), I am looking for an third party manufacturer.
Do you know some? There are some from Formatt, or Haida. Will they work? Are there some for wide angle lenses?
I own an 77mm and 67mm Adaptor ring, but need an 58mm, 82mm and 86mm Adaptor.

Thanks

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Sorry, if I am wrong with this as I am not into the "Lee" system.

But if you are looking for a high quality "step-up ring" maybe take a look at these:
http://breakthrough.photography/product/step-up-ring/

If recently tried their CPL and ND filters and though I have no final opinion on the optical quality I can say that the mechanical built is like a tank or call it "Zeiss"-like.

If you do not look for step-up rings please skip my post.

Upvote 0
Thank you very very much!
I will order the Filter Dude adaptors.
Thank you Maximilian! But your link is not working, as the page is offline.

I am just a bit angry about Canon. Now there is an cashback on the 600mm. I asked a few weeks ago Canon Support, as I got an rumor, from a friend, and the support told me, that there will be definitively NO cashback on one of the big primes in 2016 :mad: :mad:

Upvote 0
May 12, 2015
Maximilian said:
If recently tried their CPL and ND filters and though I have no final opinion on the optical quality I can say that the mechanical built is like a tank or call it "Zeiss"-like.

How do you like Breakthrough filters? I am looking into getting the x4 and a CPL. Are they stackable? Do you use them in combination of any filter system? Thank you

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
neurorx said:
Maximilian said:

How do you like Breakthrough filters? I am looking into getting the x4 and a CPL. Are they stackable? Do you use them in combination of any filter system? Thank you
Mechanical built is really solid. Optical performance I have nothing to complain about. But I didn't do any big comparisons.
Stackable? Yes, they have a front filter thread. But I wouldn't recommend it when you go UWA beyond 24 mm.
with my 17-40 I realized vignetting with two filters at the wide end.
Because of this experience I try to use filters "standalone". There also was a interesting post here about Zeiss talking about coatings and optical surfaces. Since I saw the pictures I can understand that a lot people say stacking filters is not so good.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0