Timeframe for next batch of R5s?

tpatana

EOS 5D Mark IV
Nov 1, 2012
Tried to order R5 but BH closes at 2pm EST on Fridays. I just woke up and they literally closed while I was calling :(

Last edited:

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Lol. Stupid timezones. I'm from Finland so I only count in S, not D :)
Ha!! Yes, the S means "Summer" over there not "not Daylight."

So the joke is on me; you made the error for a different reason than the one I'm used to. So many Americans blindly put the S in it's becoming one of my pet peeves. Sorry you got swept up in that. Sisu!

RBSfphoto

EOS M50
CR Pro
May 18, 2020
my local shop in San Francisco told me last week that they expected more in 2 weeks but they could not confirm anything, fingers crossed I was too far down on the preorder list to get one in the first batch

tpatana

EOS 5D Mark IV
Nov 1, 2012
90% sure I'll get R5, but R6 would be good too. I shoot sports and studio, so R5 would be good for both. I feel R6 would be better suited for sports alone.

Also I wish I had some idea about R1, or if they plan some high Mpix R3.

Oh well, it's just money.

CDD28

EOS M6 Mark II
Jun 23, 2014
I've been trying to check my R5 status from Canon Direct but their site has been down for maintenance for a few days now...

RBSfphoto

EOS M50
CR Pro
May 18, 2020
I've been trying to check my R5 status from Canon Direct but their site has been down for maintenance for a few days now...
Apparently they were hit by a cyber ransom and the site has been inactive for the last few days

CDD28

EOS M6 Mark II
Jun 23, 2014
Apparently they were hit by a cyber ransom and the site has been inactive for the last few days
It will be interesting to see if the ongoing incident will affect the distribution of the second shipment of R5's from the Canon USA warehouses.

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
It will be interesting to see if the ongoing incident will affect the distribution of the second shipment of R5's from the Canon USA warehouses.
Or for that matter, the order I put in for a 24-105 + RP refurb (I essentially will get an RP for $300 this way.)

tpatana

EOS 5D Mark IV
Nov 1, 2012
BH still saying delivery for tomorrow. They might be bit overly optimistic...

Jul 31, 2020
Bad news from germany, especially for calumet-photograpic customers:

I have just spoken to the Calumet hotline:

The second delivery from Canon has already been completely delivered to pre-orderers. However, not all pre-orders from April could be delivered. It will take months until the official first order date 09.07.2020 is due for delivery (with the current Canon deliveries, which are in the single-digit range per shipment).

The CPS status (if it is given by email) is stored in the order and improves the allocation on the part of Canon.

Well, then I can look forward to a nice Christmas present anyway. Only the year has not yet been determined
Source: dforum.net

Looks like we have to wait a few months.

• Sad
Reactions: SteveC

tpatana

EOS 5D Mark IV
Nov 1, 2012
If I refresh the BH order page every 30 minutes, that'll move me up on the queue every time. Right?