Tripod collar for 70-300L: Does it really exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the B&H waiting list for a year now for this little doohickey. Since then, I've taken delivery of a camera (5DIII) that was 8 months shy of being announced. Does anyone actually have a tripod collar for a 70-300L, or am I looking for a unicorn :)? It looks like Canon will start delivery of the 1Dx before they release a freakin' tripod collar.

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
V8Beast said:
I've been on the B&H waiting list for a year now for this little doohickey.

There's really no need to get the Canon one except if you want to have "Canon" printed on it. Apart from the still annoying fact that it's not included for a tele lens with this price tag, personally I don't need it because the lens is not that heavy and so short that there is little torsion when the tripod is attached to the body (unlike say the 70-200L2).

Another user had ordered this one and recommended it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110733557235&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:1123

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
V8Beast said:
I've been on the B&H waiting list for a year now for this little doohickey.

There's really no need to get the Canon one except if you want to have "Canon" printed on it. Apart from the still annoying fact that it's not included for a tele lens with this price tag, personally I don't need it because the lens is not that heavy and so short that there is little torsion when the tripod is attached to the body (unlike say the 70-200L2).

Another user had ordered this one and recommended it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110733557235&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:1123

Thanks for the link! I admit I haven't looked on ebay for a while, but the last few times I checked I couldn't even find knock-off collars for sale. I'm gonna order this sucker up.

Upvote 0
W

winoheel

I was on the B&H "back backordered" list for over a year and finally got the email that it was available if I still wanted the item about 6 months ago. I am happy with the Canon version as several attempts at purchasing through ebay had less than satisfactory results. I think that they get a "few" in from time to time and then they are snapped up by those on the "list".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.