*UPDATE* 5D Mark III Sighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryusui

neuroanatomist said:
Consider - if it is image rating, will RAW converters other than DPP will recognize the metadata tags, or will Canon try to prevent that?
I think it would be galactically stupid of them to actually do that, considering how many photographers use software other than, or in tandem with DPP.
Personally, I wouldn't care as I don't use rating systems in any of my software...but for those who do or would, isolating them to using only DPP wouldn't be a very smart business decision, PR-wise. There's also no incentive to do so since DPP comes free with the camera, so it's not as if they'd be losing sales by having the metadata unrestricted.

Upvote 0
T

tooslick2k

Re: 5D Mark III Sighting?

waving_odd said:
ajamess said:
Anyone else noticing the dual cards on the 5D III / 7D II? Exciting!
index.php

Looks like it's a new dual card icon that looks somewhat different to the dual CF-CF icon on the vertical grip LCD on 1D X and the dual CF-SD icon on 1D IV. This new icon on the top LCD looks quite like........... the new XQD!? ::) ::) ::)

Note the new dual-card icon looks matching the slimmer rectangular shape of XQD...

Nikon_D4_Slot_XQD.jpeg

Also note that the top LCDs on both 1D X and 1D IV do not have the dual card icon though.

After reading the last 6 pages that appeared since i been on, Has anyone else noticed that the 'dual card' symbol that appears on the LCD is also the same symbol in Blue that is under the Menu button? Im guessing that it doesnt have dual cards now. If it did why would it be paired with a direct print icon?

Upvote 0
- No pop-up flash -> FF
- Dual card slot -> high end camera
- New designed buttons -> they received good comments from 7D users
- 16:9 screen -> video oriented
- rate button -> video oriented could be 24 fps, 30, 60 etc (blue buttons might mean 'not taking pictures', so it could mean like we all know it's 'playback mode', or possible 'video mode' as well. It might also be for photography then if the shooter might want to take a picture, then it would be the choice between e.g. 3fps, 5 fps, 7 fps
- the guy was on safari with already announced/assumed to be announced gear (1Dx, 200-400), so they also gave him the video DSLR prototype, to test video, but also to check the photo capabilities. This makes me think this isn't a prototype tester, but a 'soon to be announced' - product tester

My guess: this is the high end video oriented DSLR

Upvote 0
W

we_are_theBorg

tooslick2k said:
waving_odd said:
ajamess said:
Anyone else noticing the dual cards on the 5D III / 7D II? Exciting!
index.php

Looks like it's a new dual card icon that looks somewhat different to the dual CF-CF icon on the vertical grip LCD on 1D X and the dual CF-SD icon on 1D IV. This new icon on the top LCD looks quite like........... the new XQD!? ::) ::) ::)

Note the new dual-card icon looks matching the slimmer rectangular shape of XQD...

Nikon_D4_Slot_XQD.jpeg

Also note that the top LCDs on both 1D X and 1D IV do not have the dual card icon though.

After reading the last 6 pages that appeared since i been on, Has anyone else noticed that the 'dual card' symbol that appears on the LCD is also the same symbol in Blue that is under the Menu button? Im guessing that it doesnt have dual cards now. If it did why would it be paired with a direct print icon?

Ha, you guys beat me to it... I put together this little pic asking the dual CF question as well, but then fell asleep. By the time I came back around all you brilliant folks had already pointed it out... ah well, mayhaps my minor Photoshopings may provide an additional illustrative tool. I boosted the contrast in the LCD of the prototype camera.

Also, people are wondering about the possibility of QXD. While the availability on the D4 might excite that speculation, it certainly appears to me that the "aspect ratio" of the icon at least is the same as that of the CF card on the D1 X. Not that that means much...

Attachments

• dual_CF_from_B3J8582.jpg
    dual_CF_from_B3J8582.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,008
  • dual_CF_from_B3J8582.jpg
    dual_CF_from_B3J8582.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,158
Upvote 0
we_are_theBorg said:
Kernuak said:
There is already a RAW file available in a follow-up post on Aerture Academy, linked in another thread here.

Unfortunately he has only posted the RAW of B3J8584.CR2, while the top LCD info is only visible in B3J8582, which is only available as a JPEG that I could find...
That's a pain.

Upvote 0
T

tooslick2k

waving_odd said:
we_are_theBorg said:
Not that that means much...

Well at least it suggests it's a dual card model. Now the CF card icon reads "1". Then it makes sense to expect another card icon to read "2", doesn't it? ::)

If it is indeed a dual card icon, why isnt it similar to the newly released 1DX? and why would there be a button for it on the back of the camera? maybe to select which card?

Dont get me wrong I'm hopping for a dual card 5D, theres just something odd about having that logo as a button.

idk.

Upvote 0

Ryusui said:
tooslick2k said:
If it is indeed a dual card icon, why isnt it similar to the newly released 1DX?
It looks pretty similar to me.
I see a box, a number in the box, a line under the box and a triangle to the left of the box. In both pictures.

You've got all I wanted to say. ;)

Upvote 0

tooslick2k said:
Has anyone else noticed that the 'dual card' symbol that appears on the LCD is also the same symbol in Blue that is under the Menu button? Im guessing that it doesnt have dual cards now. If it did why would it be paired with a direct print icon?

tooslick2k said:
and why would there be a button for it on the back of the camera? maybe to select which card?

Plus, I don't think the icon and the button you mentioned look the same.

Attachments

• button.JPG
    button.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,255
  • icon.JPG
    icon.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 1,258
Upvote 0
M

MazV-L

Picsfor said:
Blimey - 26 pages! And counting till the next rumour/ sighting/ announcement

If Canon are watching, they're getting a rough idea of how many 5D3/X's to produce judging by this lot.

All we need now is a picture of a cmaera with 3DX on it, taken by a 36mp Nikon D800 and we've covered all apsects of this sighting ;)
LOL,love it! +1

Upvote 0
M

MazV-L

waving_odd said:
tooslick2k said:
Has anyone else noticed that the 'dual card' symbol that appears on the LCD is also the same symbol in Blue that is under the Menu button? Im guessing that it doesnt have dual cards now. If it did why would it be paired with a direct print icon?

tooslick2k said:
and why would there be a button for it on the back of the camera? maybe to select which card?

Plus, I don't think the icon and the button you mentioned look the same.
To me, the image in blue next to the button with brush symbol suggests review pic before and after (in-camera editing) side by side on Lcd, because the brush symbol suggests some possibility of in-camera editing?!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.