*UPDATE* Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KHAWACHEN

Re: Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012

Looks to be he is holding a 70-200mm 2.8 IS II and the 1DX or 5D3 :eek:

And OF COURSE ! Who ever took this photo, seems to have done it intentionally to TEASE ! or to RAISE the Hype !

Lets all fast forward to FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Thursday Midnight !

jchl97 said:
simonxu11 said:
SomeGuyInNewJersey said:
benprasetyatan said:
I live in Shanghai. I saw a Canon Stage on Shanghai Tourist Street prepared for March 2nd Event. Here's some photos from a Chinese Forum http://dcclub.pchome.net/thread-6635483-2-1.html
From what i saw. There's a lot more of big IXUS sign than the Jackie Chan with EOS logo. Let's see what will happen on that day. Gonna be there and do some coverage.

From the pics I saw on that site there are a lot of banners up for lots of different Canon gear.

Lots of IXUS signs is a concern but they are possibly only putting up the other stuff at the moment so as to keep the announced stuff still under wraps... I mean itd be kind of a giveaway if the put the 5d3 banners up 2 days before the announcement wouldnt it.

Lots of ixus signs make sense, it's called Ixus Night Show

37031.jpg

This one is promising... it's more than an IXUS showcase guys!

Upvote 0
B

benprasetyatan

gbchriste said:
gputah said:
jchl97 said:
simonxu11 said:
SomeGuyInNewJersey said:
benprasetyatan said:
I live in Shanghai. I saw a Canon Stage on Shanghai Tourist Street prepared for March 2nd Event. Here's some photos from a Chinese Forum http://dcclub.pchome.net/thread-6635483-2-1.html
From what i saw. There's a lot more of big IXUS sign than the Jackie Chan with EOS logo. Let's see what will happen on that day. Gonna be there and do some coverage.

From the pics I saw on that site there are a lot of banners up for lots of different Canon gear.

Lots of IXUS signs is a concern but they are possibly only putting up the other stuff at the moment so as to keep the announced stuff still under wraps... I mean itd be kind of a giveaway if the put the 5d3 banners up 2 days before the announcement wouldnt it.

Lots of ixus signs make sense, it's called Ixus Night Show

37031.jpg

This one is promising... it's more than an IXUS showcase guys!

Is that Jackie Chan holding the camera in that picture? :eek: :)

It would be pretty weak if they got Jackie Chan to hold a "Rebel" for the announcement photo... :)

Is it just wishful thinking or do I see the faint glow of an off-white lens barrel attached to that camera he's holding?

I'll go there tomorrow to check and keep everyone updated. Looking for a little sign of 5D3 also. :)

Upvote 0

jalbfb said:
One more thought on "Colazione da EOS"-literally Breakfast from EOS (Canon). Since breakfast is the start of a new day, could this be a subtle reference to a new start for the EOS camera line, i.e., the new 5DIII?? Man, this waiting coupled with some sleep deprivation is causing strange thoughts in my head! I need another cup of coffee. ;D

Eos is the goddess of dawn... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eos

but...

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
I can't imagine them holding events like this all over the world for a consumer camera (t4i). We haven't seen any consumers get invites to these, and why would you invite a bunch of pros to see the next big consumer camera? Also, we've seen the T2i, T3i, 60D, and 7D since the last 5D, a T4i on that date would mean 5 APS-C cams in-between the 5DII and 5DIII, just doesn't seem right.

Plus, the 25th anniversary of EOS is a big deal to them, I'm sure they want to release a product that's a big deal as well. Honestly, I don't think it's out of the question that they could release BOTH the t4i and 5DIII on that day. That would give the pros something to look forward to as well as the consumers, and everyone is happy.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
thatcherk1 said:
Maybe I'm seeing things, but It looks like the mode dial is on the 5D side of the camera, not the Rebel side. And I have doubts that canon would put a 70-200 on a rebel body for pictures. Maybe a 50mm or something, but bad marketing to put a massive lens on a small body. it only emphasizes how small the body is.

That may just be the depth perception, let's be realistic here, that's just not a good angle to judge what he's holding exactly. It's cool seeing all the EOS lenses lined up on the shelf though..

Upvote 0
C

Cinnamon

While I'm hoping like everyone else that this is a 5D announcement and not 'just' a Rebel announcement, I really have to hand it to Canon for cramming so much into the newer Rebels. I still am impressed that my friend's T2i has a native ISO of 6400 (although my 5D's Boost ISO 6400 looks better).

I'm also really impressed with the articulating screen on the consumer bodies. While the T3i's articulating screen may appeal to more consumers than professionals, I think it's really convenient to have, whether you're trying to capture a shot over a crowd (like at a press event), or trying to shoot from a unique point of view on a tripod without having to physically go low to the ground.

Upvote 0
I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I’ll add to the conversation. Japan Photo, a pretty big Norwegian photography chain, posted this on Facebook today:

“Note: Japan Photo presents a world innovation under Fotomessen (photo show). Don't miss this huge launch (which currently is secret) at stage 1: 00. 11:10, Friday 2. March”.

Norway is in the same time zone as Italy.

It doesn’t mention Canon specifically, nor a camera, but Canon will be there as well and how many world innovations can we expect during a photo show the same date as the other mentioned shows?

Upvote 0
DJL329 said:
I was hoping that having a star like Jackie Chan would mean Canon is announcing the 5D Mark III, but I just remembered that he has done a series of commercials and advertisements here in the US for the Canon Rebel line. :-\ Of course, it's still anyone's guess. We'll know for sure in the next ~36 hours!

We can only hope it's as exciting as this: http://www.dslrphoto.com/dslr/canon-china-introduces-eos-550d-aka-rebel-t2i-dslr-jackie-chan-limited-edition,14694.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.