*UPDATE* The New Forum Will Launch in a Week or Two

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Re: The New Forum Launches June 26, 2018

neuroanatomist said:
No idea, sorry. I have never turned on notifications. I get enough emails as it is! I just recalled seeing the setting in there.

Yeah, this looks like formal notification of tagged threads/posts. That's not what I need. I don't use that at all.

I need the 'Show new replies to your posts' button in the top right of the forum -- easily my most used link here -- to only tell me when threads I care about are updated.

The easiest way to do this is to 'opt out of caring' on a thread by thread basis once it becomes stale, nasty, or OT. The missing functionality would need to be added to (I presume) the thread itself or the link to the thread on the 'show new replies' tab.

CR Guy: if FB can do it, can you? :D

- A

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com

AlanF said:
Canon Rumors said:
AlanF said:
If it works don’t fix it.

... and it doesn't work, so I have to fix it. :)

Genuine question, not a rhetorical one: what doesn't work?

That's not something I can divulge.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com

ahsanford said:
neuroanatomist said:
No idea, sorry. I have never turned on notifications. I get enough emails as it is! I just recalled seeing the setting in there.

Yeah, this looks like formal notification of tagged threads/posts. That's not what I need. I don't use that at all.

I need the 'Show new replies to your posts' button in the top right of the forum -- easily my most used link here -- to only tell me when threads I care about are updated.

The easiest way to do this is to 'opt out of caring' on a thread by thread basis once it becomes stale, nasty, or OT. The missing functionality would need to be added to (I presume) the thread itself or the link to the thread on the 'show new replies' tab.

CR Guy: if FB can do it, can you? :D

- A

There will be lots of ways to see posts you have missed and are interested in seeing.

We won't be changing the core functionality of the forum software, as that's always a nightmare when update come.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

ahsanford said:
neuroanatomist said:

OIC. You mean the New Replies function. I also use that frequently. I just read the threads I want to, then click Mark All as Read.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro

Canon Rumors said:
The new forum and site will NOT be launching today, we're going to wait another week or two to launch both the updated blog and the forum at the same time.

Sorry for the confusion,

Obviously using same software as Amazon during their big Amazon Day thingy.

Scott

Upvote 0