Updated ship dates for the new Canon lenses

Desiree Vie

CR Pro
Jul 14, 2014
Your eyes should be fine! When B&H says they shipped something, they did! :)
You are correct sir, Fedex sent me confirmation of delivery tomorrow, signature required, so it IS real :)
Pre-ordering it was the way to go. I live outside Buffalo NY, may I assume I got the first one here? Cool. There is only one photo store left here, and I called them about it, and they said, new lens? Who? I went through this last year when I was hunting down the R6 Mark II, they had no clue.
Off topic, that "store" at one time was huge, and they were a Nikon house due to the local newpaper photographers I assume. I went in with my AE-1 back then looking for a Sunpack flash and they did not want to order it. My father back before the 70's had done work in the National Guard for photography and wanted a medium format. They said Hasselblad is all there was. He went elsewhere and got a Rapid Omega, I think 6x7? That was almost 50 years ago. I have no records now, but I do believe I got the Sunpack 522 from B&H back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Does anyone have knowledge of Canon shipping date for the 200 - 800 mm lens? I preordered it on Nov. 2nd. I cannot get any information from dealer when to expect
my order to ship.
They are dribbling out. I got mine this week and a few others here have had theirs a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0