*UPDATED* When is All of the New Stuff Going to Ship?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
ahsanford said:
GuyF said:
Looking at the image on the main page, each entry shows "w/o WI-FI". Will the 5D3 5D4 ship with without wifi enabled in some regions?

Correction above.

Good eye, though. Without Wi-Fi = it is region-limited by FCC / regulatory clearances or something? They wouldn't gate certain functions by region with firmware, would they, and they certainly wouldn't carry 2x the inventory to have a with / without wifi version, so what's going on?

- A

The kits are marked (WG) which means Wifi and GPS. Cameras marked (N) do not have wifi or gps.

The (No Wifi) we believe to mean that the W-E1 is not being shipped with the item. This is true for EOS 6D shipping details as well. The new EOS 7D Mark II kits do not show this, as they'll be coming default with the W-E1.

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
The kits are marked (WG) which means Wifi and GPS. Cameras marked (N) do not have wifi or gps.

The (No Wifi) we believe to mean that the W-E1 is not being shipped with the item. This is true for EOS 6D shipping details as well. The new EOS 7D Mark II kits do not show this, as they'll be coming default with the W-E1.

*Confused*

In that image, they're all have (WG) and all have (w/o WiFi); both the bodies and the kits.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
smorgo said:
Canon Rumors said:

*Confused*

In that image, they're all have (WG) and all have (w/o WiFi); both the bodies and the kits.

Read what i said again about the W-E1 ;)

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
smorgo said:
Canon Rumors said:
Read what i said again about the W-E1 ;)

OK, so to check my understanding, (WG) means Wifi and GPS capable. GPS will presumably be built-in, but the W-E1 is needed to enable WiFi? So no shooting to SD memory card if you're using WiFi (other than any memory that might be on the W-E1)?

No.

5D4 = wifi & gps built-in (WG)

7D2 = no wifi, requires W-E1, which will come with it going forward.

(w/o wifi) means that the W-E1 is not being shipped with that particular EOS camera. The 1dx2, 5d4, 6d all show (w/o wifi). the 7D Mark II does not show this.

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
No.

(w/o wifi) means that the W-E1 is not being shipped with that particular EOS camera. The 1dx2, 5d4, 6d all show (w/o wifi). the 7D Mark II does not show this.

Ah! So (w/o WiFi) doesn't mean without WiFi. It means without the W-E1 adapter?

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
smorgo said:
Canon Rumors said:
No.

Ah! So (w/o WiFi) doesn't mean without WiFi. It means without the W-E1 adapter?

Right. one would presume the cameras that have WiFi on-board wouldn't need that W-E1 adapter.

That W-E1 adapter very much appears to be a 7D2-specific aftermarket hack to unlock wifi in a brand at mid-lifecycle. But the notion (as I understand it) that you can't write to that slot like Eye-Fi can means that it won't work in an 80D or Rebel as that's the only slot they have.

So the only other camera that would benefit from that W-E1 is the 5D3, which also has one SD and one CF slot. But I'm guessing the 5D3 will not get the ability to work with the W-E1 because Wifi is very much a reason to upgrade to the 5D4. It's not a major reason to upgrade, but I doubt Canon would bother unlocking this functionality in a 4+ year old rig that is about to be obsoleted / sold to depletion.

i.e. If (say) 100 people would upgrade from a 5D3 to a 5D4 solely because of wifi, they will never offer wifi on the 5D3 via firmware + W-E1. They'd rather sell 100 5D4s than (say) 1,000 more W-E1 adapters to 5D3 owners.

- A

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
wockawocka said:
3799 Euro = 3300 GBP

Ouch.

Even worse: the rupees are only €1525 and digital cameras are not subject to import duties to the EU. Either there is 150% margin to be split across distributors, resellers and tax authorities or there is something odd going on. You'd have to have 40% for distributor, 40% for reseller and the highest VAT in europe (Hungary) of 27% for this to work out. I though the margin on electronics was low?

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
kbastomi said:
115.708 INR translated to 1731 USD..... ::) ::)

That's before the 2 or 3 markups by the time it gets to the consumer.
The distributor pricing probably excludes import duties, sales tax, operational overhead and misc fees.

Nice to see the pre import price of these items for once.

I do agree pricing will be at par with with the Mark III at $3,499

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Re: When is All of the New Stuff Going to Ship?

Mt Spokane Photography said:
noms78 said:
Does this mean stock will be available in September?

No.

It means deliveries will begin to the 100K or so photographers who pre-ordered. Expect stock to be on the shelves after Christmas, maybe a little sooner if sales are slow, so if you want one, pre-order...

That's pessimistic. The 1DX II was available almost immediately after release. Not in large quantities, but still available. Adorama, B&H, Amazon and Best Buy would get small shipments in, sell out and then in a week or so get another shipment.

Since the 1Dx II sells far fewer bodies than the 5D IV and is much more expensive, I expect that major retailers are more conservative in the number they order and Canon is probably more conservative in the volume they produce.

I fully expect that you will be able to get it from major retailers without too much of a wait after it is released. You'll just have to pay attention to see when it is in stock and then order. The big four (Amazon, B&H, Adorama and Best Buy) all have the 1DxII in stock today, so there is no reason why you would have to wait until 2017 to get a 5D IV.

Upvote 0

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Re: OT: M news?

Canon Rumors said:
Tangent said:
Sorry, off topic for this thread, but any news of a new M body, with DPAF perhaps?

I have some M information that will be coming in the next week or so. For now, it's the 5D4's moment. 8)

I am very interested in the 5DIV, and what Canon has pulled together for that body. I expect it will be a very capable, much loved 35mm work-horse for many 'togs. It certainly is 5DIV 'season' - and right to shine the spotlight on this much anticipated camera.

However, what I am more interested in, is the M information... thanks CR for indicating we'll have some new M news within the next week or so! With a few APS-C bodies and capable lenses (both EF-S and EF) I have no current desire to move to 35mm format. APS-C is the ideal balance for me.

If the next M model has DPAF, and a sensor similar to the 80D, that would be very attractive to me! Particularly if it can use EF-S / EF lenses... there are a few great EF-M lenses I may look at too... but the current M mdoels don't tick enough boxes for me.

So... back to the 5DIV (aka '5D4')... what's it gonna have!
#LookingWithInterest
#LovingMyCanonAPS-Cs

Regards, all... happy Friday and wishing you all a great weekend.

Paul 8)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Re: OT: M news?

pj1974 said:
Canon Rumors said:
Tangent said:
Sorry, off topic for this thread, but any news of a new M body, with DPAF perhaps?

I have some M information that will be coming in the next week or so. For now, it's the 5D4's moment. 8)

However, what I am more interested in, is the M information... thanks CR for indicating we'll have some new M news within the next week or so! With a few APS-C bodies and capable lenses (both EF-S and EF) I have no current desire to move to 35mm format. APS-C is the ideal balance for me.

If the next M model has DPAF, and a sensor similar to the 80D, that would be very attractive to me! Particularly if it can use EF-S / EF lenses... there are a few great EF-M lenses I may look at too... but the current M mdoels don't tick enough boxes for me.

So... back to the 5DIV (aka '5D4')... what's it gonna have!
#LookingWithInterest
#LovingMyCanonAPS-Cs

Regards, all... happy Friday and wishing you all a great weekend.

Paul 8)
same here...... looking for a decent compact body that could use some of my lenses.....

Upvote 0