Venus Optics announces the Laowa RF 33mm f/0.95 (but it’s APS-C)

Sep 29, 2018
I would suspect Venus Optics would have done enough research on the prospective market before making this lens. I wish them the very best.

This exactly. How much money has Sigma made off of the 18-35 1.8? Canon could have had a big slice of that but they always chose to treat their crop cameras as junk. Companies like this are filling the void. The video features aren't an accident. There are tons of S-35 video cameras this will work nicely with. People keep telling us we should be excited and grateful to pay 4X as much for a FF lens as a crop lens but I am not falling for it.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
There are tons of S-35 video cameras this will work nicely with. People keep telling us we should be excited and grateful to pay 4X as much for a FF lens as a crop lens but I am not falling for it.
I do not think you should be grateful at all.
I just do not think you should expect Canon to help another company make money off you while Canon is trying to sell you more expensive lenses.

Upvote 0
That's what focus peaking is for....

Even with my bad eyesight, I'm surprising myself on how well I'm able to use manual focus lenses these days with the focus aids.
Yes, I love how useful it is at achieving critical focus. As times I feel as though I'm using a loupe adjusting the focus on the ground glass of a view camera.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0