What is the 6d actually good at (*positive* fact list)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came from a G12, I started learning photography from it.

I longed for a full frame camera for its depth of field, but 5D is too much.
So I was thinking of 60D for so long, 600 came, 650 came. But I still want 60D for its built, I was attached to the number "6".

The time came when I decide to buy, suddenly the 6D came out, How can I not buy this one. I am a happy owner of it.

Sometimes the subject is not in the focus point reach, especially in the sides and corner, so you need to focus and recompose. - I looked at this issue as, this camera is entry level, it was meant for beginner or amateur,. you need to give some space for learning, toning your skills.

Now with my composition, i can make the focus point to be where my subject is.

Upvote 0

Ryan708

Less bickering, more shooting
Mar 1, 2012
New Hampshire
Freelancer said:
Wildfire said:
Marsu42 said:
keep in mind that the 6d shots are softer

What? Where did you get that from?

I've never shot a 5D3 but the 6D shots are just as sharp as my 5D2 shots... why would there be a difference in sharpness between any of the full frame sensors?

no.

actually the 5D MK2 has the highest spatial resolution of the three cameras.
a lot of reviews confirm this.

but you have to shoot testcharts to see it or pixelpeep pictures of the same motive to notice it.
yet it IS visible.

the reason is a marginal lower MP number of the 6D (but that is really marginal) another reason is the difference in the AA filter.

i guess the 6D has a stronger AA filter then the other two cameras.
if that´s the case it is a shame that there is so much moire in 6D videos.

anyway, not all FF sensors are equal... ;)

Im kind of a pixel peeper myself, but almost by accident. I am viewing my shots at 24" on a 1920x1200 monitor, and judging them. My wife wanted a 8.5x11 print of a tiger lilly I shot last summer, and on my PC I thought, ehh, its not real sharp but W/E and had a print of it made. at 8.5x11 in our hallway it looks super-sharp, and gets alot of comments. Maybe a 2' print in a restaurant on a wall, 1' from someones face it may look soft. SOOO many amazing shots have come from 12 MP 5d classics, and alot even cropped. Just a little point on pixel peeping I guess, Rant over haha

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.