Which A3 photo printer? (Advice please)

EPSON R3000

I have the R3000, works perfectly, no jamming, no clogging even if my printing is irregular and may go for a month or so without printing. People who view the prints find them very good indeed. Also prints great on matte paper.

I read where the Epson's use more ink than the Canon's, but I can't comment on that.

I would recommend the Epson R3000 absolutely!

Upvote 0
I'd recommend the Pixma Pro 100 - easily within your budget, whatever it is. This printer produces excellent
13X19 prints, has an eight cartridge head for wider color gamut and is no more expensive at the ink level than
any of the others. Canon will soon replace this printer - so it's on closeout at almost every store. Canon has
also run promotions, buy a camera, get a printer type stuff, regularly for the last year. Look at Craigslist under
"canon large format" and you'll find several for $150 or less - usually in the original still sealed package with the
UPC removed for rebate purposes. I've bought several - the last one an Adorama deal for $34.00 after rebate, including a $40 package of 13X19 glossy photo paper.

Upvote 0

Enthusiast

5D Mark III
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
Hi WJM,
You are looki g for An A3 printer, I recommend the Epson 3880. It is the A2 machine, but don't roll your eyes. It's not bigger than the A3 machines, It's not more expnsive if you calculate that much more ink is delivered with the printer and the ink costs less than half than for an R3000. The break even is when you need the first ink cartridge set at the 3880. They have 80ml each, at the 3000 they have 25ml but cost more than half of the big ones.

The only downside is, that the printer driver is not able to support printing from rolls. I have not really missed that in the last years.
I hope that helps

Heiko

Upvote 0