Who ruined the site by forcing mobile on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2010
DominoDude said:
Btw: To swiftly come to the parts that I'm interested in, I've bookmarked http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?action=unread on the phone. That way I don't have to scroll so bloody much, and can dive right into the good stuff.

Yep. I have Tapatalk set to open with Unread topics by default. I don't follow many forums, but CR was the only one that didn't support Tapatalk, and now for me they're all in one place.

Upvote 0
Ironic, I was on the IPad and went to CR's website. Rather than scroll aimlessly to get to the forum I handed it to the wife and asked her to trade the laptop. This was the first thread I opened.

I also refuse to download an app just to talk on a forum. I am not that addicted.

Most sites have a convenient link to switch to desktop mode, that is all that is needed.

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
WillThompson said:
Forcing me to look at the site as a mobile device really sucks!

The site is no longer usable on my iPhone or iPad.

I only use sites in desktop mode.

If I can not use this site in desktop mode I will stop using it.

I agree. The new front page and iPhone/iPad versions are terrible.

I also dislike Tapatalk immensely. It's not a substitute.

Upvote 0

Mitch.Conner

It was all a lie.
Nov 7, 2013
Bennymiata said:
I generally read CR on my Samsung tablet, and while the front page of the site is different, the recent posts are still in more or less the same place as it was before, and the posts look exactly the same on the forum pages.
Must be an Apple bug.

I'm assuming you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet? When I ran the device emulation for Samsung tablets just now, it comes up as the normal desktop site for all of their tablets except the Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note II, and Galaxy Note 3.

Or are you talking about the Unread Posts function of the forum instead of the recent posts on the front page?

On the front page, at least for me, the recent posts aren't anywhere close to where they were. They're dead last on the page whereas before they were one of the first things listed.

Upvote 0

CaiLeDao

5D Mark III
Aug 6, 2013
I imagine Facebook want the CR traffic and can monitor us all the more, to send even more adverts at us. Perhaps more seriously the move to mobile in photography is a key driver with its immediacy. As an apple aperture user its front and centre of forcing workflow changes on me. Is that really progress, it may be....

My issue is I still don't see mobile as a serious solution to photography. Snaps yes and sharing, but would I really get up early to catch a beautiful sunrise with just a leading mobile camera, no.

Using desktop mode allows me to be able to filter the adds, why sign that right away with Facebook, hopefully enough of you are happy being served adds so the site remains free and profitable for CR and I can enjoy the rumours with minimal distractions of pension planning or China brides, biker babes mentioned earlier might be a good change.

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
I was fine with the new formatt initially. It gave your the option (on IPhone at least) to view the Desktop version and now this is gone. I enjoyed seeing the trending topics on the front page. I think they will lose alot of followers because it takes that little bit longer to find what you want.
The change in format on PC is fine with me. I guess you have to change it every so often so it doesn't go stale.
I just wish I could immediately see that version on iPhone too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.