Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Which third party control ring adapter did you choose?
The one I linked to. In case the link does not work, its title is. "
Lens Mount Adapter EF-R2 Auto-Focus Lens Converter Compatible with Canon EF/EF-S Lenses to EOS R/EOS RP Cameras, Easy Adjustment with Functional Control Ring"

It should work with a R5. but if there are issues, it has update capability for new firmware.

Upvote 0
I received my R5 just over a week ago. However the EF to RF adapters are backordered all over the nation, and have been for some time. What gives? Any ideas about current ETA?
Just reassign the same question and wondering if anyone has received an update or estimated ship dates? I have had an adapter on order for 4 weeks and B&H only shows backordered with no other info. I can't seem to find any of Canon's adapters on any site. It seems they really misjudged the demand.

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
I expect that there was a good stock of adaptors, but they did not expect buyers to be getting one for each of their EF lenses.

I feel greedy on this regard, I got a control ring adapter back when I got my R5, but I've been watching out for additional ones while already having one. Ideally I'd like to at least have two, one in my primary backpack, and one in my belt kit. That way I never find myself without at least one way to put an EF lens on my R5. I've held off though, knowing there's plenty of people with R5s who don't have any lenses to go on it.

But honestly, having one for each EF lens would be perfect, and would make it a lot easier to just use the adapters like backcaps and ensuring they all can get adapted at all times. Maybe in a year or two I'll do that, looking at how the stock is going.

Upvote 0