Why I am happy that the 5D3 shows almost no new video impovements

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gothmoth

kkoster said:
I'm allowed to vent my frustrations on a company I've invested thousands on their bodies and lenses for over 15 years. Like a good marriage, a healthy argument every now and again doesn't do any harm.

well yeah.. but your spouse probably would wipe the floor with your a$$ if you accuse here because of something you made up or heard as rumors from the neighbors. ;D

what you write is completely unfounded by facts.. (yet).

and honest.... only forest gump would think they make the 5D MK3 compete with the C300 in video features.
why would canon do that.. to make the C300 obsolete?

im pretty sure the 5D MK3 will deliver serious video features.
the 5D MK2 was already good enough, quality wise, for TV production.

and if someone is doing video for the big screen... well then maybe he has the money to buy a C300 or RED. ;D

Upvote 0
@kkoster: BTW - there is quite a funny blog http://fakechuckwestfall.files.wordpress.com/. This guy devastes D800 in terms of iso quality. He even tries to prove that d800 is not a step forward from d700 at all. You maybe read it before switching there, or in two, three months you might write same posts on the other site as you did it here.

Upvote 0
kkoster said:
CrimsonBlue said:
So what you're saying is, "I'm happy other people won't have improvements because I don't want to have to buy a new body for my video needs." Cool.

Actually, not quite. You know what? I'd love to buy Canon's next model of 5D. And I would, if I felt it had addressed what we've been crying out for on this very forum for the last three years. But somehow, I fear we may be building ourselves up for a disappointment.

However, I'll hold my hands up and shut up until you guys hear the announcement and see the specs for yourselves. Don't mind me - I'm just venting!

So you are claiming that someone in the know has told you that they are still line skipping?
All the hints I've seen say 100% the opposite.

Upvote 0
R

rocketdesigner

kkoster said:
From the suggested specs, it would seem that there has been almost no improvements/benefits to the video element of the new 5D3/X about to be announced shortly.

There seems to have been no improvement with regards to: Moire, aliasing, rolling shutter, higher frame rates - In fact it would seem pretty much the same standard as the trusty 5D2.

Videographers who purchased the 5D2 for its video capabilities and not to use it for stills will probably be content to leave the 5D3/x completely alone and save a fortune by sticking with the 5D2. I know I will.

An extra CF card slot won't tempt me, that's for sure. I just hope for Canon's sake that there's a lot of photographers out there wanting to buy it!

dumbest .... post ..... ever .....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.